yes

there is a main taxi stand .. tell them where you want to go and they get you in a car

easy

I had destination written down just in case of a communication problem

Thank you I will have the hotel name and address printed out. Looking forward to back in Budapest especially for the Christmas markets!

Second seating

Can anyone tell me what the taxi fare would be from BUD to the Hilton Budapest City? Do the taxis perhaps have a fixed rate?

How about Taxify? Do they do airport pickups? Anybody know how much they charge for same route?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Trevoli']Can anyone tell me what the taxi fare would be from BUD to the Hilton Budapest City? Do the taxis perhaps have a fixed rate?

How about Taxify? Do they do airport pickups? Anybody know how much they charge for same route?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Initernet is your friend:

[url]http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/hungary/hilton-budapest-city-BUDWEHI/maps-directions/index.html[/url]

According to the Hilton website, the hotel is 12 miles from the airport, it would take 30 min drive, and a taxi ride would cost 40 Euros.

We have used a private transfer a couple of times - and it worked well. There are more options now than there were when we last went, but most will give you a quote ahead of time - and will wait for you if your flight is late arriving.

Not too much of a concern during the day, but nice to have someone waiting if your arrival is late at night.

Fran

Hi Fran, would you be willing to share the contact information for the transportation company you've used? As you stated, it might be nice to have that arranged ahead of time, just in case flights go sideways.

Thank you, in advance.

[quote name='Trevoli']Hi Fran, would you be willing to share the contact information for the transportation company you've used? As you stated, it might be nice to have that arranged ahead of time, just in case flights go sideways.

Thank you, in advance.[/quote]

Hi -

This is who we have used.

[url]http://www.budapestairporttaxi.com/Welcome.html[/url]

Just e-mail him - he is quite responsive. If he isn't able to pick you up himself, he will have a colleague pick you up. We have had his wife drive us once, as well as a colleague on one visit (we use him if we don't have an included transfer... our 4th visit to Budapest coming up next month....).

Fran

Thank you for the info Fran. I will be using this service as well. Really looking forward to seeing Budapest.

Hi -

This is who we have used.

http://www.budapestairporttaxi.com/Welcome.html

Just e-mail him - he is quite responsive. If he isn't able to pick you up himself, he will have a colleague pick you up. We have had his wife drive us once, as well as a colleague on one visit (we use him if we don't have an included transfer... our 4th visit to Budapest coming up next month....).

Fran

Thanks for sharing this info

There is a cabstand, go there tell them where you are going. They will give you a slip of paper with which cab to take and the regulated price to pay. Don’t use any of the cabs waiting without going to cabstand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for sharing this info

We also used him last fall - he was very responsive via email and easy transfer. If I remember I believe it was a flat 30 euros. Even had a nice commentary as we drove into the city.