Tea time

AAAAmerican

My DW loves 'High tea' or whatever they call it now on sea days. It is a great break from other things. Myself, I am a veteran and the last couple of cruises on Carnival, they set up a couple of tables for us veterans (on the other side of the tea time).

I understand how some just say, no big deal and pay for any tea that isn't regular, but, you know what, that really turned us off from Carnival a few years ago. Say what you will that it is only a minor thing, and yes it is, but it irks us to no end. My DW loves a cup of mint tea with dinner, even before bedtime, and yes she brings her own little collection of tea with her, and to share with others who also hate that they can't get a herbal or flavored tea bag.

Believe me, it is NOT the money, but the nerve to charge for a tea bag. UGH

Cheers

Len

• Thanks 1

My DW loves 'High tea' or whatever they call it now on sea days. It is a great break from other things. Myself, I am a veteran and the last couple of cruises on Carnival, they set up a couple of tables for us veterans (on the other side of the tea time).

I understand how some just say, no big deal and pay for any tea that isn't regular, but, you know what, that really turned us off from Carnival a few years ago. Say what you will that it is only a minor thing, and yes it is, but it irks us to no end. My DW loves a cup of mint tea with dinner, even before bedtime, and yes she brings her own little collection of tea with her, and to share with others who also hate that they can't get a herbal or flavored tea bag.

Believe me, it is NOT the money, but the nerve to charge for a tea bag. UGH

Cheers

Len

It's a shame Carnival charges for the upgraded tea bags but it will be a bigger shame if Carnival discontinues " Afternoon Tea " across the fleet. Few mass market cruise lines offer this holdover tradition from the Atlantic ocean liners. My family is glad Carnival still cares enough to provide us with fingers sandwiches, scones with cream and assorted cakes and tarts included in our basic fare.

DSC_0651_Zyde.jpg

Carnival now charges for the special teabags because many were taking handfuls as souvenirs.

Again the majority has to pay for the idiocy of the few.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I remember that they use to go around with the wooden Box and you could choose. They could still just offer free upgraded teas at tea time so sticky fingers could not just walk off with these teas. I do bring my own tea just because I can!

It's a shame Carnival charges for the upgraded tea bags but it will be a bigger shame if Carnival discontinues " Afternoon Tea " across the fleet. Few mass market cruise lines offer this holdover tradition from the Atlantic ocean liners. My family is glad Carnival still cares enough to provide us with fingers sandwiches, scones with cream and assorted cakes and tarts included in our basic fare.

I agree. Most of the other lines have stopped doing afternoon tea and I am very impressed that Carnival still continues it for free.

Also love the brunch on sea days. Other lines it is charged.

BTW I have always brought my own teabags. Yorkshire Gold!!!