Cruise Critic Community

Having Tea is a wonderful time.

Lipton Tea used to have it's own distinct flavor/flavour.

How do you like what Carnival has done for Afternoon Tea?

I love tea time! We splurge and get the priced teas. The treats are yummy.

ON the Ecstasy they had a special table for Veterans, it was quite lovely.

We usually do tea at least once a cruise. But we try to just have a few nibbles or else it cuts into dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Love Tea Time! The treats are yummy and I don't mind the small charge for specialty teas. It's a lovely afternoon interlude.

I try to attend tea time at least once every cruise, but I bring my own special tea flavors. It's disappointing that they charge for flavors other than regular and green Lipton :(

Lipton is by far, the biggest selling tea in America. You can certainly bring your own personal favorite if unable to purchase the tea upgrades offered.

Did you know the tea bag is an All-American invention?

My DW loves 'High tea' or whatever they call it now on sea days. It is a great break from other things. Myself, I am a veteran and the last couple of cruises on Carnival, they set up a couple of tables for us veterans (on the other side of the tea time).

I understand how some just say, no big deal and pay for any tea that isn't regular, but, you know what, that really turned us off from Carnival a few years ago. Say what you will that it is only a minor thing, and yes it is, but it irks us to no end. My DW loves a cup of mint tea with dinner, even before bedtime, and yes she brings her own little collection of tea with her, and to share with others who also hate that they can't get a herbal or flavored tea bag.

Believe me, it is NOT the money, but the nerve to charge for a tea bag. UGH

Cheers

Len

My DW loves 'High tea' or whatever they call it now on sea days. It is a great break from other things. Myself, I am a veteran and the last couple of cruises on Carnival, they set up a couple of tables for us veterans (on the other side of the tea time).

I understand how some just say, no big deal and pay for any tea that isn't regular, but, you know what, that really turned us off from Carnival a few years ago. Say what you will that it is only a minor thing, and yes it is, but it irks us to no end. My DW loves a cup of mint tea with dinner, even before bedtime, and yes she brings her own little collection of tea with her, and to share with others who also hate that they can't get a herbal or flavored tea bag.

Believe me, it is NOT the money, but the nerve to charge for a tea bag. UGH

Cheers

Len

It's a shame Carnival charges for the upgraded tea bags but it will be a bigger shame if Carnival discontinues " Afternoon Tea " across the fleet. Few mass market cruise lines offer this holdover tradition from the Atlantic ocean liners. My family is glad Carnival still cares enough to provide us with fingers sandwiches, scones with cream and assorted cakes and tarts included in our basic fare.

DSC_0651_Zyde.jpg

Carnival now charges for the special teabags because many were taking handfuls as souvenirs.

Again the majority has to pay for the idiocy of the few.

Carnival now charges for the special teabags because many were taking handfuls as souvenirs.

Again the majority has to pay for the idiocy of the few.

I remember that they use to go around with the wooden Box and you could choose. They could still just offer free upgraded teas at tea time so sticky fingers could not just walk off with these teas. I do bring my own tea just because I can!

The other "free" tea was Bigelow which isn't that great, but did offer more "flavors". Carnival didn't start charging for Bigelow, but for an upgraded tea. Choice is good.

It's a shame Carnival charges for the upgraded tea bags but it will be a bigger shame if Carnival discontinues " Afternoon Tea " across the fleet. Few mass market cruise lines offer this holdover tradition from the Atlantic ocean liners. My family is glad Carnival still cares enough to provide us with fingers sandwiches, scones with cream and assorted cakes and tarts included in our basic fare.

I agree. Most of the other lines have stopped doing afternoon tea and I am very impressed that Carnival still continues it for free.

Also love the brunch on sea days. Other lines it is charged.

BTW I have always brought my own teabags. Yorkshire Gold!!!

Afternoon tea is a FAVE ! Tea sandwiches (cucumber&cream cheese, lox) lots of traditional sweets such as scones, lemon cake, etc. carnival really makes the effort. Try to do it (Sea day) you’ll probably enjoy it more than you think!

Please tell me about this tea time! Going on our first Carnival cruise. Is it every day at a certain time?

Please tell me about this tea time! Going on our first Carnival cruise. Is it every day at a certain time?

No, only on Sea Days at 3:00 usually in the MDR. Enjoy!!!

I keep saying I would go but this last cruise it seems we were too busy. I did mark it on my hub app as something I wanted to do but it didn’t make the cut.

Sent from my iPad using Forums