Carnival Dream - Live - Aug 26-Sep 2 - NOLA to Eastern Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

I found the omelet station. It was back in the back where the deli is. I want to say on Breeze they had one just inside the buffet doors from blue iguana. They definitely did on one of the ships I’ve been on.

b903dd9118b4b6ed0e6242a6306aa16b.jpg

The buffet is slammed. It doesn’t seem like too many people are excited about getting off the ship.

I had three run ins with kids on my way to the omelet station. One in the elevator lobby area thought it would be cool to get in front of me. I try to walk around him he gets in front of me again...that kind of thing. Another on the main walkway in the buffet got in front of me and just stopped. Then a girl just basically walks right into me.

This is why I try to sail when there are less kids on board. I was a little nervous about the last week of August. I usually cruise in September. But it’s about the same as September...not too many. Haven’t really noticed them much until this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not too excited about this port. It doesn’t seem like there’s much to do. I think a lot of people are going to some resort. St Lucyan or grand lucyan...some kind of Lucyan. But that’s not my thing. There’s a brewery with a tour a tasting. I’ll probably check that out. I’d prefer two days in Nassau or Key West but they didn’t consult me on the itinerary. I think this is going to be a leave the ship late, return to the ship early kind of day. I do see my first stop.

023a8558fdcaf7dc92dc8e6b0d2980c9.jpg

Getting rum cakes, right! :)

I found the omelet station. It was back in the back where the deli is. I want to say on Breeze they had one just inside the buffet doors from blue iguana. They definitely did on one of the ships I’ve been on.

b903dd9118b4b6ed0e6242a6306aa16b.jpg

The buffet is slammed. It doesn’t seem like too many people are excited about getting off the ship.

I had three run ins with kids on my way to the omelet station. One in the elevator lobby area thought it would be cool to get in front of me. I try to walk around him he gets in front of me again...that kind of thing. Another on the main walkway in the buffet got in front of me and just stopped. Then a girl just basically walks right into me.

This is why I try to sail when there are less kids on board. I was a little nervous about the last week of August. I usually cruise in September. But it’s about the same as September...not too many. Haven’t really noticed them much until this morning.

could be under the influence of Bonine/Dramamine

If game is on ESPN you should be able to get it through ESPN website if you have a cable, internet or dish provider.

We will be in Belize that day and you can’t stream if you are out of the country. Just got back from Jamaica this summer and hubby missed the ncaa baseball college World Series because of that. He was not happy with my timing of that trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be in Belize that day and you can’t stream if you are out of the country. Just got back from Jamaica this summer and hubby missed the ncaa baseball college World Series because of that. He was not happy with my timing of that trip.

Yeah that’s true. I have youtube tv which is great for streaming. And my locals switch to whichever city I’m in. I could see that being a problem in Belize.

Yeah that’s true. I have youtube tv which is great for streaming. And my locals switch to whichever city I’m in. I could see that being a problem in Belize.

Yes we tried in Jamaica. Got an error message that it was not available outside of the US

If you’re going down the Mississippi or in Key West maybe. Have you tried streaming video with this connection?

Heck I can’t even complete a speed test right now.

12bcdce1435bd3651e94cbb3d0a29e81.png

I was able to stream long youtube documentaries/movies but it was generally late at night. It will be more difficult on mid-days at sea including ESPN. Probably dies down at dinner time. Egg Bowl between Ole Miss and Miss St has historically been a Thanksgiving Nite game I believe

I wanted to go to the brewery so I found the cab stand. All they had were vans and nobody was wanting to go to the brewery. They had a sign with the various locations and prices but I forgot to take a pic. The prices ranged from $4-9 per person. For the brewery they charged me $11.

I decided to get more pictures of the celebration since I learned it was the former carnival ship

I sailed on the Celebration on my very first cruise back in 2001. It's interesting to see what became of her since then. Thanks for posting the pics! Brings back good memories. It's funny to note that there were so few balcony cabins on ships back then.

After the beer tour you go to the tasting room where you can sample six beers. Then after that they just give you more of whatever beers you want...for like 45 mins. The tour/tasting costed $10. I thought I had heard $30. Maybe that was with transportation. I drank a lot more than $10 worth of beer I’m sure. The beer tour girl had just done a group tour where one of the people didn’t drink..so she drank for them...so that was interesting.

5d5b5813606f1cdd1d05e3a50749f2cb.jpg

0727c6a79b0011925841721aa1d479ac.jpg

02265556ff50f8e79a82a0e45bd5c342.jpg

0b4e30ddf4ef437507d248ce01e8f0a7.jpg

86d5df72fba6e450ef21ad429eff1299.jpg

After the tasting I found a cab driver buying liquor

and got a ride back with him. While I was down there a couple had some receipts where they had bought tours online. I think they said carnival connections or something. The brewery people said they didn’t have any affiliation with that so those people were screwed.

The beer girl had told me I should try a conch salad. So when I got back to the port I ordered one at this place.

e199189071bafb1f118f24044f7b01bd.jpg

d0d4b9c4fc96d9a51cc16e4bb89b1c99.jpg

606a5163956770374e4f271234912973.jpg

I didn’t like it. Half of the conch I tried you couldn’t even chew. The stuff I did eat didn’t have much flavor. I took a couple bites and threw most of it out. Just not my cup of tea.

Doing some touch up on the ship paint

fcfbfcf9d9baeed299116b475a60a072.jpg

47baa401ebccae6a6353cd63a7b0ca77.jpg

My tip on port days is once you’re onboard and you have a long line for the elevator...if you can make it up a flight or two of stairs to where the glass elevators are...they don’t go down to deck 0.

I decided to have a real lunch at pasta bella which is open until 2:30 on sea days but 3:30 on port days. It’s starting to catch on. That side I sit on that’s been empty every day had 5 tables in use when I got there.

My selections

6a74d34a5f3a9ba8ebb4107baf64f376.jpg

4fe5d0aa2ed190bf5e410e804eb096f7.jpg

92cf1f520d041d448f03aa9275fb8bc2.jpg

Buffet cakes

c0a9b27ba36f2513151ec2050871bf49.jpg

15fbe6e6e887bc4a65847d21c132c10a.jpg