Anyone been in C510 on Azura?

sidekick180

Well, we finally managed to decide on a cruise to book for next year and have plugged for the Azura (A911) 4th MAy 2019. We got a reasonably good price, although I should have booked it much earlier because apparently the price went up quite a bit since launch. Never mind, will have to remember that next time, if we decide to do another cruise after this one.

Just wanted to ask if anyone had been in cabin C510 before and if so, was it a nice cabin?

I know it's over 8 months away yet but I am still pretty excited and really looking foward to it. Not so much for the girlfriend because she is quite nervous, in case we encounter a similar amount of ship movement that we did on Ventura in May this year. Having said that, it has been confirmed that one of the technical issues the Ventura had involved the stabilisers. Hopefully, that was the biggest cause of the movement and we wont feel that on Azura next May. Obviously if the weather is bad, we will have to expect a lot of movement. Fingers crossed, that wont be the case.

My only other concern, is that we will have a fantastic cruise and will then get the bug for cruising. Then I will have to try and find a 3rd job to start paying them.

YES we have stayed in cabin C510 twice on P&O Azura, also Emerald and Crown princess - you have made a really good choice, almost bang slap in the middle of the ship. You are near the lifts and the stairs. once you are onboard you will realise that you probably stressed yourself out a little tooooooo much about cabin choice (although I do the same) we love the area that you have chosen, but everyone is different. you will have the MOST AMAZING TIME and I think you better start doing overtime or get a third job, as you will certainly want to go again and again and again. ENJOY:cool:

P.S. you will not even know the ship is moving!!! and anyway you will be too busy enjoying your Cruise to worry about it.

We have just come back off the azura. I have just posted on another thread that we had 1st 2 days of movement and last day. But nothing major although i felt rough until i took tablets. As Yamanid said you wont even care you will love the cruise. It was my 1st one and we all loved it can't wait to do another one and i was not that fussed about going on a cruise.

YES we have stayed in cabin C510 twice on P&O Azura, also Emerald and Crown princess - you have made a really good choice, almost bang slap in the middle of the ship. You are near the lifts and the stairs. once you are onboard you will realise that you probably stressed yourself out a little tooooooo much about cabin choice (although I do the same) we love the area that you have chosen, but everyone is different. you will have the MOST AMAZING TIME and I think you better start doing overtime or get a third job, as you will certainly want to go again and again and again. ENJOY:cool:

P.S. you will not even know the ship is moving!!! and anyway you will be too busy enjoying your Cruise to worry about it.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not stressed at all about the cabin choice as it was the one I chose. We particularly wanted one as close to the middle of the ship as possible. I'm just hoping that if there is any movement this time, it wont be so bad that they have to shut the pools so often. As I mentioned in my last post, it was my girlfriend that didn't like the movement, it didn't really bother me much. She did have to take some sea sickness tablets and although they helped because she then didn't feel sick, she still didn't like the feeling of being drunk all the time.

We have just come back off the azura. I have just posted on another thread that we had 1st 2 days of movement and last day. But nothing major although i felt rough until i took tablets. As Yamanid said you wont even care you will love the cruise. It was my 1st one and we all loved it can't wait to do another one and i was not that fussed about going on a cruise.

Sorry to hear that you had a couple of days feeling sick but it obviously didn't put you off cruising. Any plans for your next one yet?

No plans yet but i was looking as soon as i got home. My kids keep asking when can we go again. They have been taking our drinks orders at home tonight with our cruise cards and fetching and carrying our plates and glasses. Bless em :hearteyes:

Well I hope you have been tipping them well. Even though the auto gratuities have been removed now, you can still tip people for exceptional service!!

Thanks for the reply. I'm not stressed at all about the cabin choice as it was the one I chose. We particularly wanted one as close to the middle of the ship as possible. I'm just hoping that if there is any movement this time, it wont be so bad that they have to shut the pools so often. As I mentioned in my last post, it was my girlfriend that didn't like the movement, it didn't really bother me much. She did have to take some sea sickness tablets and although they helped because she then didn't feel sick, she still didn't like the feeling of being drunk all the time.

Get her to try Stugeron. Take 2 on boarding and then 1 daily. I’m a rubbish sailor and have found they don’t make me feel sleepy like some other meds for mal de mer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I might tip them sidekick but i can't see it lasting :') Hope they make all the beds in the morning as well

You will be lucky, my kids never even made their own beds, let alone expecting them to make mine. By the way, just in case you are interested, I have just uploaded a video to youtube of the sloshing about swimming pool on Ventura when we went on her this May. People I showed this footage to, didn't believe me when I told them that the sea was really calm. Take a look and see what you think. The link is: https://youtu.be/sAv9_GT5ZLk

Get her to try Stugeron. Take 2 on boarding and then 1 daily. I’m a rubbish sailor and have found they don’t make me feel sleepy like some other meds for mal de mer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for that, I have had absolutely loads of people advising me about taking Stugeron, and everyone has said that they work a treat. I checked in our local pharmacy and they do stock them, so we will get some for our next cruise. I have just posted a video on youtube showing just how much movement there was on the Ventura this May. The sea was really calm, which didn't make much sense to me. Take a look if you get chance. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/sAv9_GT5ZLk