Just Back from Oasis, Sigh....

We were on 8/12/2018 cruise and just submitted our review, but would like to get others thoughts on that sailing if you were on it. We have cruised RCCL quite a bit and felt the level of service has gone down hill, especially in the MDR, but also the food quality and over all RCCL experience has declined. Dont get me wrong, we had a good time, but usually after a cruise, we are WOWed, this time it was just eh... I think the ship was too big for us, although our kids may disagree. We are a family of 4, 47, 46,15,12. It was also very odd not to feel the ship move most of the time. Even in pretty rough waters. I also though it was more expensive than usual. Our end of the cruise tab was about $2800 and we purchased the drink package and excursions prior to the cruise so it didnt even include that. When im fully recovered, ill take a closer look at that bill...

Overall, good time, not great.... Happy to answer any questions.

Thx

Did you have a White Night? Is so, what night?

No, not that i saw. We may have missed it, but i didnt see it in any of daily activity sheets. The kids probably would have picked up on it given they did it last cruise so i do think they had one.

thx

What can you possibly spend $2800 on?

Well, i do tip regardless of the fact we had the ultimate drink package. Some of that is daily room tips, 2 cabins. Some pics package. $300. We did buy some wine, maybe $200.

Wow I would not have left the ship without checking that bill!

I glanced at it before we got off and nothing jumped out at me. One thing i will say about RCCL is they are very good about correcting errors after you get off the ship. We had an issue on one of our other cruise bills so i called them about a month after the cruise and they corrected it no questions asked.

I agree, that sure sounds like a lot to me.

Im not saying that RCCL made a mistake or anything, everything just seemed to either cost more and or charged for things that we didnt use to get charged for.

Well, i do tip regardless of the fact we had the ultimate drink package. Some of that is daily room tips, 2 cabins. Some pics package. $300. We did buy some wine, maybe $200.

I would check that bill. Tips for 4 is $406, $300 on pictures and $200 on wine only has you at $906. That leaves almost $1900!

I'm a little gobsmacked at 200 on wine when you have the drink package! I know it's not the best wine, but it's included. And they discount it so that's actually over 300 on bottled wine, how'd you drink enough on package stuff to come out ahead.

Besides the 400 and change for room gratuities the rest were all your choices... not sure how you can really blame royal on being expensive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I called at & t they told me to put my phone on airplane mode and find wi fi spots. Do you know anything about this?

Set up your phone for WiFi calling, then do as your carrier suggested. You can then use your phone like at home.

We were on the same cruise! We had a wonderful time and thought the customer service was excellent. It was our first cruise! And you are right there were only brief moments when I felt like ship was moving! It was spectacular. I’m sorry that wasn’t your experience.

That bill seems very high. Besides all the other things you mentioned did you gamble? The pre-purchase charge would have been charged when you placed your order and not when onboard. I would have gone over that invoice before I left the ship.

In RC eyes, you are the Ultimate passenger.

Photo Package, Wine, $360 on arcade.

Did you buy the Evicta Watches or pool towels?

You are very correct. and yes, we actually did buy one of those watches for one of our sons. thats so funny. And yes, i know they were over priced, but its vacation. So theres another $200...

And to be clear, im not complaining about the cost, just stating that we really didnt do anything differently in regards to our spending, yet our bill seems a lot higher this time. Its usually around $1500 when we pre purchase the items i mentioned above.

thx

I'm a little gobsmacked at 200 on wine when you have the drink package! I know it's not the best wine, but it's included. And they discount it so that's actually over 300 on bottled wine, how'd you drink enough on package stuff to come out ahead.

Besides the 400 and change for room gratuities the rest were all your choices... not sure how you can really blame royal on being expensive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The majority of the wine cost was on 1 bottle that we purchase during the wine tasting. They were selling it for $150 and it was worth about $350 when i googled it so we bought it.