Question for Law Enforcement or LEO wives

DCLCrazy

Original question actually answered in post #2 and the OP changed the question completely in post #13 and that was answered in post #24
post #2 was not LEO, so those answers, if even they were answering the questions asked, weren't relevant. Regardless, post #2 didn't answer either of the questions ( "have to declare that you were a cop on the visa?" "Were you questioned by Cuban authorities at all?"). All post #2 did was say that they had no problems, and then went on a tangent about how nice a place Cuba was.

And post 13 has no questions at all in it. So I'm not sure how post 13 changed the original post. Post 13 clarified the reason for asking, but didn't change it.

Not sure your point
My point was how much of a wasteland CC has become because threads do not stay on topic at all.

post #2 was not LEO, so those answers, if even they were answering the questions asked, weren't relevant. Regardless, post #2 didn't answer either of the questions ( "have to declare that you were a cop on the visa?" "Were you questioned by Cuban authorities at all?"). All post #2 did was say that they had no problems, and then went on a tangent about how nice a place Cuba was.

And post 13 has no questions at all in it. So I'm not sure how post 13 changed the original post. Post 13 clarified the reason for asking, but didn't change it.

My point was how much of a wasteland CC has become because threads do not stay on topic at all.

This is absolutely correct. The problem is that most people lump firefighters and cops together but they are two totally different animals as far as their perception by the public or other govt agencies are concerned. Firefighters and EMS are the good guys and cops are the bad guys. (Generally) This is why I specifically asked for a LEO to answer. Most civilians do not understand the extra stuff LEOs have to go through when dealing with other governments. Thank you for your support. I’ve about had it with this thread. It was a simple question and I got very ignorant and off topic snarky answers. That is not the norm I have experienced on the boards, thankfully.

This is absolutely correct. The problem is that most people lump firefighters and cops together but they are two totally different animals as far as their perception by the public or other govt agencies are concerned. Firefighters and EMS are the good guys and cops are the bad guys. (Generally) This is why I specifically asked for a LEO to answer. Most civilians do not understand the extra stuff LEOs have to go through when dealing with other governments. Thank you for your support. I’ve about had it with this thread. It was a simple question and I got very ignorant and off topic snarky answers. That is not the norm I have experienced on the boards, thankfully.

"Most civilians do not understand” ... the quintessential “look at me” post. Then OP posts more than anyone else.

You do not speak for all. Stand down, please. Thanks.

"Most civilians do not understand” ... the quintessential “look at me” post. Then OP posts more than anyone else.

You do not speak for all. Stand down, please. Thanks.

Am I not supposed to respond to people kind enough to take the time to post on the thread I started? Most people complain when the OP doesn’t come back after asking the question. So I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Am I not supposed to respond to people kind enough to take the time to post on the thread I started? Most people complain when the OP doesn’t come back after asking the question. So I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t.

Thank you for posting this question! I too am a LEO wife and I often have to question myself where we are going and can we go there. Many people don’t understand but it is nice and comforting to know know that others think the same things!!! We have have to stick together so don’t listen to the negative answers!! But to answer your question I would definitely ask his dept if they have restrictions or contact the state dept and see if there are travel bans or advisories. What ever you do happy family time and thank you and your husband!!