Random questions for NCL Escape

Tootsiepop6

I'm taking NCL Escape Sept 16. It's my first time on NCL. I'm staying in one of the studios. Have any of you stayed in them? What's it like? Are the showers equipped with shampoo and soap? What do you do for alarm clock? Do you recommend getting an internet package? Can you buy soda ala carte? I don't think I'd drink enough to make a package worthwhile. All my excursions I booked are through NCL. I'm nervous about the one in Halifax concluding half hour before the ship is to leave. Will this be okay? Do you have to reserve times for dining or can you go anywhere? Is there any place to get a slice of pizza? Have any of you taken a transfer from the airport to pier via NCL? I'm nervous about not finding where to go. Is it easy to figure out?

Studios are a great way to travel solo and meet people.

All rooms have liquid shampoo/ conditioner and body wash in the shower and liquid soap at the sink.

You can use the phone as an alarm clock (we have never done it) or your phone. Take it off automatic time setting and manually set it to ship time.

Sodas are $3.45 + 20% each. If you drink more than 2 per day, get the package. Lunch, dinner, at the show at night, easy to get to 2+.

The nice thing about NCL tours is that if they run late, the ship will wait for you.

If you are doing any specialty dining, make a reservation. Dining and show reservations open 120 days prior to departure and sometimes sell out. No reservations for the MDR needed.

Pizza at buffet during opening hours. 24 hour food at O’Sheehan’s.

General in on Escape can be found at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2624246

I'm taking NCL Escape Sept 16. It's my first time on NCL. I'm staying in one of the studios. Have any of you stayed in them? What's it like? Are the showers equipped with shampoo and soap? What do you do for alarm clock? Do you recommend getting an internet package? Can you buy soda ala carte? I don't think I'd drink enough to make a package worthwhile. All my excursions I booked are through NCL. I'm nervous about the one in Halifax concluding half hour before the ship is to leave. Will this be okay? Do you have to reserve times for dining or can you go anywhere? Is there any place to get a slice of pizza? Have any of you taken a transfer from the airport to pier via NCL? I'm nervous about not finding where to go. Is it easy to figure out?

I’ve sailed the epic studios but due to go on escape in a couple of weeks.

Most of your questions have already been answered.

I never get internet package as I use this as time to cut off from the world. I can access emails in port and most of the time there are only a couple of sea days. I find the packages expensive. It really depends what you need them for.

I’ve never made reservations for restaurants. As a solo I’ve nearly always been able to walk up and dine but I like dining early. I always book the shows I want.

Pizza is in the buffet all day until about 11.30...

I’ve used ncl transfers before. They are fine but I did it as part of fly cruise. I do like making my own way too, but for ease a ncl transfer works. There will be someone with an ncl sign at arrivals showing you where to go. You will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there a formal night? Is it necessary to pack something dressy? I'm trying to pack light.

NCL embraces "Dress Up or Not". There are no formal nights. Shorts are allowed in all dining rooms for all meals except Ocean Blue and Le Bistro specialty restaurants where long pants (jeans, dockers) are required. Most people dress up a little. But leave the gowns and tuxes and suits and sports coats at home.

I'm staying in one of the studios. Have any of you stayed in them? What's it like?

I haven't stayed in them, but I did look at them extensively when considering booking one fore my mom. I watched several videos and they look cute and comfortable and like they have adequate space for one person. I wouldn't hesitate to stay in one if traveling alone and access to the studio lounge looks nice as well.

Are the showers equipped with shampoo and soap?

Yes. There are body wash and shampoo-and-conditioner-in-one dispensers mounted in the showers. There is also a liquid soap dispenser by the sink and bar soap provided. If you have long hair, I would recommend bringing your own conditioner, as the shampoo provided does NOT have a lot of conditioning power.

What do you do for alarm clock?

If I need an alarm, I use my fitbit or my phone. What we did on our last sailing was order the free continental breakfast room service every morning. They always called before delivering it. The call served as our wake up call if we weren't already awake. You order the continental breakfast room service by filling out the door hanger form provided and leaving it on your door the night before. It lets you choose a window of time in which the room service will be delivered.

Do you recommend getting an internet package?

Personally, no. One of my favorite things about cruising is being "unplugged" and disconnected from the world. If I do need to be checking email or voicemail, I just do so in ports where cell reception is available.

Can you buy soda ala carte? I don't think I'd drink enough to make a package worthwhile.

Yes, I believe that soda is $3-4 from the bars and at the MDR and restaurants.

All my excursions I booked are through NCL. I'm nervous about the one in Halifax concluding half hour before the ship is to leave. Will this be okay?

If you booked through NCL, you have nothing to worry about. They will not leave without you! I had an NCL excursion in Bar Harbor. It was a bus tour that wasn't scheduled to finish until a half hour after the last tender was supposed to return to the ship. It was no issue at all. They saved one tender for those of us on the tour and any remaining NCL staff in the port.

Do you have to reserve times for dining or can you go anywhere?

Specialty restaurants typically require reservations. You should be able to make reservations online through My NCL prior to sailing, at the reservation desk, at any of the touch-screen kiosks located near the elevators on the ship, through the TV in your cabin, or through the iConcierge app on your phone. They also take reservations for the MDRs on the Escape, but you would usually only need one if you have a large party.

Is there any place to get a slice of pizza?

There is usually pizza available in the cafe (buffet) at lunch and dinner, as well as the late night snack. It is not the best pizza in the world. But it really hits the spot for a late night snack!

Have any of you taken a transfer from the airport to pier via NCL? I'm nervous about not finding where to go. Is it easy to figure out?

I'm sorry. I haven't done this, so I can't help with this question.

I liked having the Internet package. We like to relax and browse the internet while on board and look things up. To each his own. And service wasn’t bad on the Escape.

There are several late night food offerings, pizza, nachos, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums