bubblegummermom

Weather in January in new Orleans

Could be in 70s could be in the 40s normally somewhere in the 50's - 60's during the day

Could be in 70s could be in the 40s normally somewhere in the 50's - 60's during the day

Definitely understand that!! Will hope for the better temp but still be warmer clothes. Thanks for the response. Have a great evening!

It can be windy too. I cruised in early April and it was cold, raw, and windy at sail away. I had on a hooded sweatshirt, zipped, with the hood up, and the only reason I didn’t have my lightweight down jacket (flew from NJ) on was because it was in my cabin. We were all freezing. Of course I had a tropical cocktail in my hand though!!

The day before I was in shorts and sandals walking around FQ, but a cold front came in that night. Check the weather a few days before you leave home to make sure you’re prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

one day it can be in the 70's and the day day it can be below freezing.

check the weather forecast 3 days before your departure.

Same as above, check weather a few days before. I did a December cruise and it was so hot, I was pregnant at the time and felt like I was melting. Then a year later, we went in March and my group about froze to death. Check weather forecast for average know, then about a week to ten days before to get a better sense of the weather.

We did a NOLA departure a few years ago on New Years Day and it was warm leaving port and freezing coming back into NOLA.