Cruise Critic Community
nodnarb2015

Club o2 - another age question.

Hey there. This hasn’t been asked in awhile so I thought i’d post for recent feedback. We are sailing Horizon in Dec with two teenage daughters. 14 & 16. The 14 is a freshman and turns 15 in Jan. How hard will it be for her to move up with her sister. She is going to freak if they make her hang with 12 year olds. Not including the fact she’ll hover around me and her mom the whole time if we don’t get her to hang with her sister at club O2.

Thanks Brandon.

Hey there. This hasn’t been asked in awhile so I thought i’d post for recent feedback. We are sailing Horizon in Dec with two teenage daughters. 14 & 16. The 14 is a freshman and turns 15 in Jan. How hard will it be for her to move up with her sister. She is going to freak if they make her hang with 12 year olds. Not including the fact she’ll hover around me and her mom the whole time if we don’t get her to hang with her sister at club O2.

Thanks Brandon.

Last December on Liberty my son was 2 weeks from turning 15, and by the end of the first night they moved him up. No older sibling there, but wasn't good for him to hang with 12 year olds!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Last December on Liberty my son was 2 weeks from turning 15, and by the end of the first night they moved him up. No older sibling there, but wasn't good for him to hang with 12 year olds!

Thanks! As you know there is HUGE difference between a 12 year old and almost 15 year old. Have fun on the Horizon. Plotting everything out now for our dec trip.

Thanks! As you know there is HUGE difference between a 12 year old and almost 15 year old. Have fun on the Horizon. Plotting everything out now for our dec trip.
Oh there sure is! Just the other night my son made a comment that by December's cruise he won't be in between ages! Thanks, I can't wait for Horizon! I started planning for my December one too. Just trying to make everyone happy!

We will also be on the horizon. My youngest will be 6 weeks from her 12th birthday, an "old sole" and besties with her 14 y.o sister. She will not want to hang with 8 year olds. We have been told that within a couple months of the birthdate, they may be allowed to move up, depending on space....but reading your post....I think your daughter moving up will make room for mine!

Lol....we are cruising at Christmas so I have also been warned that a ship full of kids may make it more difficult to make exceptions.

Thanks Brandon.

We were on a different Carnival ship in July and our son was 14.75 at the time. Unlike his dad (me), he's socially very advanced for his age - looks 16 and is over 6 feet tall, hangs out with older kids, was starting high school in 4 weeks, and so on. So rather than risk him not being able to enjoy his first cruise to the fullest, I entered his date of birth as 2002 instead of 2003 when I booked the trip. The guy checking passports never noticed and it wasn't an issue at all during the cruise. Turns out he didn't even hang out in Club 02 much (none of the kids did) but it was a good starting point to meet people.

And just to get this out of the way...yes I realize this was a lie. Yes I realize I broke the rules. Yes you can call me a bad parent for teaching my it's ok to lie. I've lurked long enough to know what's coming but I really don't care. I'm more of a spirit of the law/rule kind of guy.

Since the older kids wander the ship, no one (except the other kids) will stop her from hanging out with them. The 16 yrs who are playing kissy face don't mind 12 yrs chaperones.

We were on a different Carnival ship in July and our son was 14.75 at the time. Unlike his dad (me), he's socially very advanced for his age - looks 16 and is over 6 feet tall, hangs out with older kids, was starting high school in 4 weeks, and so on. So rather than risk him not being able to enjoy his first cruise to the fullest, I entered his date of birth as 2002 instead of 2003 when I booked the trip. The guy checking passports never noticed and it wasn't an issue at all during the cruise. Turns out he didn't even hang out in Club 02 much (none of the kids did) but it was a good starting point to meet people.

And just to get this out of the way...yes I realize this was a lie. Yes I realize I broke the rules. Yes you can call me a bad parent for teaching my it's ok to lie. I've lurked long enough to know what's coming but I really don't care. I'm more of a spirit of the law/rule kind of guy.

just a thought...

if something were to happen to your child while the club 02 was responsible.. you would have no recourse against Carnival since you misled them. even worse if your son did something to someone else..

Im not saying anything negative about your son (don't know him) but when you lie to get your way into something, you lose some rights to complain or take issue with them if something happens.

if someone got into a fight with your son and hurt him and they found out he was there against the rules... you would not have too many avenues to complain

just food for thought

just a thought...

if something were to happen to your child while the club 02 was responsible.. you would have no recourse against Carnival since you misled them. even worse if your son did something to someone else..

Im not saying anything negative about your son (don't know him) but when you lie to get your way into something, you lose some rights to complain or take issue with them if something happens.

if someone got into a fight with your son and hurt him and they found out he was there against the rules... you would not have too many avenues to complain

just food for thought

Or was found in an intimate situation with a 17 yr who thought they were canoodling with someone their age? Wonder how they would feel if that was a 14.75 year old daughter and another parent shaved a year of two off their son's age so they could still be in Club 02? I believe the other parents trust that cruisers are at least truthful about ages and shame on Carnival for not catching it.

Thanks Brandon.

Hi Brandon, Last cruise we had a 13 y/o joining us with our two 16 y/o kids. O2 let the 13 y/o join the 16's so she would have more fun. All you have to do is ask for the younger person to be allowed to move up! Cheers!

my 16 year old went with his 14 1/2 year old sister the first night. I got a lecture that is my 14 year old was bad, she would be asked to go down a level.

NEVER had a problem. she is an incoming freshman in HS. she was fine.