ALLURE // LIVE REVIEW / Sept. 2-9 Sail Away With Meee?

@Laurasue: Yes! We definitely think it is important to get the traveling in before kids. Something about it being a lot harder and more expensive to travel with them. *shrugs* But no, really, we’re so young we just wanna make some phenomenal memories before we’re sentenced to diaper duty and sanitizing binkies, haha. Thank you for following along! Is Allure your first Oasis-class cruise? We cruised Oasis last year in early October and loved it. [emoji7]

@CreativeCruiser119: Thank you! Let me know if you have any questions!

@Woobstr112G: Thank you so much! I really appreciate the well wishes. :)

@Highrollers: 21, woot! How stoked is he?!! Will he have the Deluxe Bev Package, haha? As for the ship tour - I’m incredibly curious about what happens behind the scenes, so I’m super excited. However, I’ve read some reviews as of late that say the tours aren’t as good as they used to be/not as much bang for your buck. Considering I don’t know “how the tours used to be,” I’m hoping we’ll still be intrigued/find everything engaging and interesting. I’ll definitely report back on our thoughts. I think we go Day #3? *scratches head*

@Skakly: Yay! I’ll look for a dead guy. I have magenta hair - say hullo if you see me! And that’s an extremely long voyage to take. I admire you! Is your daughter at U Miami? I have several friends attending grad school there. I’m at USF, myself.

@Kathimac123: 2 weeks will be here and gone before you know it! Glad to have you along. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My daughter is in the U of Miami Medical School. Too much work for me.

Doors closing on the flight out of Portland. Here we go!

So—... I’m pretty sure multi-quoting from the iPhone Cruise Critic app...

Yes you can, on the cruise critic app as well as the tap a talk app. Follow the steps that I have included below and you’ll see how it works. Step one press the post that you want to copy first. And you will see this image.

0e76bb4f9e3cef91ef40630d15a383df.jpg

Step two is where the arrow points to more and you click that. Then you can select multiple post that you would like to quote.

d396abe20375f68e1cc9e5bfda2abe8e.jpg

Step for when you are done selecting the posts you want, “click this button that the arrow is pointing at. It will then open up your reply to which you can comment in between your selected posts.

9fcad347e3a89a91a990969ae23557ed.jpg

Just make sure you type your response text in between their quotes and you should stay in the white portion of the page, while their quotes stay in the highlighted light blue portion of your response.

Good luck and have fun on your live review. I strictly use the app for doing my live reviews.

Yes you can, on the cruise critic app as well as the tap a talk app. Follow the steps that I have included below and you’ll see how it works. Step one press the post that you want to copy first. And you will see this image.

0e76bb4f9e3cef91ef40630d15a383df.jpg

Step two is where the arrow points to more and you click that. Then you can select multiple post that you would like to quote.

d396abe20375f68e1cc9e5bfda2abe8e.jpg

Step for when you are done selecting the posts you want, “click this button that the arrow is pointing at. It will then open up your reply to which you can comment in between your selected posts.

9fcad347e3a89a91a990969ae23557ed.jpg

Just make sure you type your response text in between their quotes and you should stay in the white portion of the page, while their quotes stay in the highlighted light blue portion of your response.

Good luck and have fun on your live review. I strictly use the app for doing my live reviews.

Ahhhhh, thank you so much, Andrew! I really appreciate it. Also - loving your review! Your family is awesome! Have a great rest of your trip :)

Have a great cruise. Just two more weeks then it is our turn on the Allure!

Since you are in a JS, do you plan to have any dinners at Coastal Kitchen? If so, let us know how it is.

We cruised on Oasis last year and loved CK so much we booked a full suite this time for all day access. So I am hoping CK on Allure is as good as on the Oasis,.

Enjoy the weekend and your cruise.

We arrived to Ft. Myers around 12. Lunch was at “Mission BBQ”. I’d give it a 7.5/10. Pork was kinda dry, bread was kinda meh. BBQ sauce was on point, though, as was the service. And for $18 for 2 people, I’m definitely comfortable with the price range. Check it out if you’re ever in the area.

IMG_3548.thumb.JPG.f6636997b9a23dab5d1954544954c229.JPG

IMG_3549.thumb.JPG.666138a23e49148ab9bec99d845536af.JPG

Ahhh, we'll see you onboard! We're on this sailing too!

Yaaaay! Say hi if you see me! Super pale, black/magenta hair, on the shorter side. I hope you have an amazing trip! :)

My DD and I be sailing with you. See you in a few days.

Woot, woot! See ya on board. I hope you guys have a blast!

Following along, we are on the 9-16-18 sailing.

Thanks so much for following along! Let me know if you have any questions I can answer. :)

Was that a Christmas wedding? Gorgeous!

Take care of Allure. We got next in 6 weeks. Thx for doing a LIVE review.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

We make no promises, but we’ll certainly try. [emoji57]

And thank you so much! Wedding was in October but I’m obsessed with the wine/merlot color, so that was our main color along with golds and rose golds.

Thank you so much for following along! 6 weeks will be here and gone, fam.

Gf and I are on this sailing with you [emoji6][emoji568]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Woot woot! Have a great time! [emoji924]

Liking your style - sounds like this is going to be a great review!

If I can ask a favor, can you post the Showtimes at a Glance flyer? Okay, two favors, can you find out if second formal night is on the 5th or 6th night? I’m doing this same Eastern itinerary on Allure over Halloween.

Now, get to sleep! It is WAY too late for us to be up! :)

~ Judy

Hi, Judy! Is the “Showtimes at a Glance” the sheet in the cabins the first day that has the entire scheduling for all of the shows? If so - I can certainly take a photo for you! That’s easy. And regarding formal night - I will definitely try to remember! Just ask me again later on if I forget to mention. We’ve never sailed over Halloween, but that would be SO much funnn.

Thanks for bringing us along!

Of course! :)

Will be following and asking questions!

Fire away!

Looking forward to your review. We will be sailing on her in 44 days! Woo Hoo!!!

T-44 days, holla! That’s basically, like, 2 minutes in the grand scheme of things.

Following! Especially looking forward to your review of the All Access Tour. We're on the Allure in December and thinking of booking it.

Thanks for following! I’ll make sure to try to give as thorough a review as possible. I have my closed toe shoes and jeans with me, so I’m ready!

I'll be on the same sailing.

*high-five’s* Have fun!

My daughter is in the U of Miami Medical School. Too much work for me.

Doors closing on the flight out of Portland. Here we go!

How funny! I have a friend in their Med school as well. Maybe they know each other. :) Hope your flight goes swell!

Have a great cruise. Just two more weeks then it is our turn on the Allure!

Since you are in a JS, do you plan to have any dinners at Coastal Kitchen? If so, let us know how it is.

We cruised on Oasis last year and loved CK so much we booked a full suite this time for all day access. So I am hoping CK on Allure is as good as on the Oasis,.

Enjoy the weekend and your cruise.

Yay, the 2 week count-down is where it became “real” for me! As for CK - I’m not sure. I know 4 nights we have booked for specialty dining... not sure about the others. I don’t think FIL and C will want to leave the non-suite members of the fam out, so unless CK will allow our 2 non-suite fam members, probably not. But, we’re not bound to having dinner with the family the entire time. So I’ll add it to the list of things to try, and report back! :)

Keep Allure safe!!! We will be boarding as you get off. I look forward to experiencing your cruise as I read along. Have a great cruise!!!!

You might have to bring slip-proof shoes as my tears of sadness when leaving the ship are likely to cause a veeeeery slippery area. Haha. But thank you so much! I hope you have a fantastic cruise too. :)

You were very generous with your 7.5 rating of Mission BBQ. I love BBQ. Let me know if there is any on the AOS. Hope there are some ribs somewhere of the high seas.

I’m a self-admitted BBQ-ho. I’ll make it my personal mission to scout out any and all BBQ on this trip (see what I did there? Mission?). If I did the rating solely based on food I’d go with a 6, but the service was absolutely top-notch which is a big thing for me. Hence the 7.5. Also the smoky sauce was decent - something reminiscent of Sonny’s “Sweet” sauce. The bun the pulled pork came on just bothered me, though. It was... gas station bread. Ick. Fries were super salty, but they were veeeeery hot and the portions were certainly gernerous. And $18 for a large amount of food really isn’t terrible. Iunno.

Mission: Find Ribs, ACTIVATE!

I love it BBQ-HO. I'm from Eastern NC. We do whole hog vinegar based sauce with all the red pepper you can stand. It's different than the red sauce as some say an acquired taste. Once acquired, it's heaven and you pour on the sauce.

Don't get me wrong I love all BBQ. The best are the shacks that make one of a kind served in Styrofoam or paper plates. So tender you can eat with plastic fork.

@Laurasue: Yes! We definitely think it is important to get the traveling in before kids. Something about it being a lot harder and more expensive to travel with them. *shrugs* But no, really, we’re so young we just wanna make some phenomenal memories before we’re sentenced to diaper duty and sanitizing binkies, haha. Thank you for following along! Is Allure your first Oasis-class cruise? We cruised Oasis last year in early October and loved it. [emoji7]

Yes! First Oasis class - we are slowly increasing ship size with every cruise. Sovereign was our first and she was tiny! 😂

We really enjoyed our pre-kid adventures but I’m not going to lie, it’s super fun to adventure and experience the world with them too. Win win! Enjoy your cruise, can’t wait to hear tales of your adventures.

Following, Allure is my favorite ship. We are booked on her July 2019! Have fun!

I have a feeling she’ll be our favorite, too. I got an ear infection in Mexico (underwater cave exploring) last time, so I associate not the best things with Allure. Eek. Thank you so much for the well wishes! We really appreciate it. :)

Bella is very beautiful!

D’awww, if she were around for me to relay the information, I’m sure she’d lick my cheek (means “thank you”). [emoji7]

Yes! First Oasis class - we are slowly increasing ship size with every cruise. Sovereign was our first and she was tiny! [emoji23]

We really enjoyed our pre-kid adventures but I’m not going to lie, it’s super fun to adventure and experience the world with them too. Win win! Enjoy your cruise, can’t wait to hear tales of your adventures.

Yay for Oasis class! You’re going to adore the ship. I believe my Father in Law’s FIL’s first (and only!) cruise was on Sovereign. He’s going to be SHOCKED when he gets on Allure and sees the differences a couple of decades makes!

I love it BBQ-HO. I'm from Eastern NC. We do whole hog vinegar based sauce with all the red pepper you can stand. It's different than the red sauce as some say an acquired taste. Once acquired, it's heaven and you pour on the sauce.

Don't get me wrong I love all BBQ. The best are the shacks that make one of a kind served in Styrofoam or paper plates. So tender you can eat with plastic fork.

Ugh (in the good way), don’t I know it. I don’t remember any BBQ on board, but I’m going to keep asking until I find some! My parents live in NC in a smallll town outside Greensboro. Will look for some good, local eats when I go up next!

Wow! How awesome, I've always wondered how to do this too. Thanks for asking the question and thank you Andrew for the how to. This will help me for when I start my live next Friday. :)