Self disembarkation

Smurf2017

Buried in another thread, we have been discussing self - disembarkation from Pulmantur. To get a definitive answer I called Customer Service who stated that they do not operate a process of self-disembarkation and that cases have to be tagged and left outside the stateroom door the previous night.

This seems a little crazy to me and unenforceable. What if you turn up at the gangway with cases in hand. Do they refuse to let you disembark?

Have you ever self-disembarked from Pullmantur and was the process the same as with other cruise lines?

• 2 months later...

We just got off the Horizon in Malaga and self disembarked.  The advantage we had was access to the Waves Club where we could leave our suitcases safely.  We had to be out of our cabin by 8 AM and off the ship by 11 AM unless you paid a supplement to stay later.  I do not know the amount. In the Waves Club we had WIFI and could get coffee.

We left our cabin before 8AM and had a nice breakfast then parked ourselves in the Waves Club until 11:30 then walked off. We stayed as long as we could as we expected our hotel not to be ready but, fortunately, it was.