Kids Club on Princess?

phabric

I am traveling with a friend and her 9 yr granddaughter. This cruise will be the granddaughter’s first cruise. She is not sure if she wants to go to the kids club.

I would like to show her the different activities that go on in the kids club.

Does anybody have any programs from the kids club for the 9 yrs old?

Do you get the different activities program for the whole week or is it per day?

My daughter has been on three cruises so far; NCL Escape, RCC Enchantment of the Seas and RCC Oasis of the Seas. She absolutely LOVED the kids club on both of the larger ships. I felt that NCL does a better job of doing things with the kids, but she still had a great time. If you ask her what her favorite part of the cruises were, she says the kids club. I too wondered about Princesses kids club as we're looking into a cruise next summer on Princess. From what I've red they have a great program.

• 4 weeks later...

We just got off a short cruise on the Emerald. Both my kids are in the 3-7 age group. In our "mailbox" was essentially a patter for the kids club, which listed when the open house/registration is, that they were closed for the passenger drill and when they were open at night. Next page listed out the actual schedule for when they were open and what events were going on. We toured the other areas and my oldest is so excited that she'll 8 on our next cruise and will move up to the 8-12 group. There were game tables (Foosball and I believe air hockey, computer games, tables, chapter books and so much that looked fun. We walked past that room later on and it was packed with kids having a blast and doing a bunch of different activities.

If you haven't cruised yet, have your friend pre-register her granddaughter for the kids club. Then go to the open house and they will just verify the information and explain everything (super fast).

Their brief time spent in the kids area was the highlight of their cruise and they are already begging to go back on a cruise just so they can go and make new friends and have a blast.

We just got off a short cruise on the Emerald. Both my kids are in the 3-7 age group. In our "mailbox" was essentially a patter for the kids club, which listed when the open house/registration is, that they were closed for the passenger drill and when they were open at night. Next page listed out the actual schedule for when they were open and what events were going on. We toured the other areas and my oldest is so excited that she'll 8 on our next cruise and will move up to the 8-12 group. There were game tables (Foosball and I believe air hockey, computer games, tables, chapter books and so much that looked fun. We walked past that room later on and it was packed with kids having a blast and doing a bunch of different activities.

If you haven't cruised yet, have your friend pre-register her granddaughter for the kids club. Then go to the open house and they will just verify the information and explain everything (super fast).

Their brief time spent in the kids area was the highlight of their cruise and they are already begging to go back on a cruise just so they can go and make new friends and have a blast.

Thanks for the information.

They have pre registered her that her grandmother or myself can pick her up. I am sure on the first night open house we will have to show ID, other than the first night, did you have to show some kind of ID so the staff will release her to either of us? We don't want to have to carry our ID around the ship or go back to the cabin to get it.

Thanks for the information.

They have pre registered her that her grandmother or myself can pick her up. I am sure on the first night open house we will have to show ID, other than the first night, did you have to show some kind of ID so the staff will release her to either of us? We don't want to have to carry our ID around the ship or go back to the cabin to get it.

What they told me was that all we needed to bring was our cruise card. As long as our name was listed on the form as an ok person to pick them up. At pickup, they scanned my cruise card and made sure my photo looked like me and my name was on the list of pickup people and I was good to go. Always good to double check at the open house in case it changes. I never had to show other ID.

We have been on many lines my kids are now 9 and 11 and to date the cruise on Princess was the only one my youngest would go willingly to the kids club. It was a nice mix of structured activities and free play. (he does not like everything to be structured, for him it feels too "school like" )