Cruise Critic Community
inspiration100

CruiseNext voucher, existing reservation?

Someone in my family offered to give me a cruisenext voucher. Can I apply it to an existing reservation as long as final payment hasn't been made (only a deposit)? Or do I need to cancel my reservation and book a new one to use the CruiseNext?

it can not be used for existing booking. some pvp/pcc can do it but it is sometimes not allowed

the best thing to do is cancel and rebook

Thanks, seems crazy, but that's how I read also. I get my deposit amount back if I rebook, right? What happens to purchases I've already made (dining plan etc).

Thanks, seems crazy, but that's how I read also. I get my deposit amount back if I rebook, right? What happens to purchases I've already made (dining plan etc).
Yes, you will get all monies back (as long as you are not past final payment)...... your reservations, etc will be lost because they are associated with the original booking..... also, be warned....... promos you had originally booked will disappear and you will get the ones currently available.

If booked with TA, you may incur cancellation fees regardless if you are past final payment or not.

I have applied a cruise next certificate on an existing reservation through the MyNCL payment screen. But this was a certificate that I purchased. I would think you would need to contact the Cruisenext desk to transfer the certificate to your latitudes number. Then on your reservation you would see the Cruisenext number on payment screen and would probably be able to apply it. Best to call the cruise next desk or send them an email. cruisenext@ncl.com

I have applied a cruise next certificate on an existing reservation through the MyNCL payment screen. But this was a certificate that I purchased. I would think you would need to contact the Cruisenext desk to transfer the certificate to your latitudes number. Then on your reservation you would see the Cruisenext number on payment screen and would probably be able to apply it. Best to call the cruise next desk or send them an email. cruisenext@ncl.com

I have also used a cruisenext certificate on a cruise I just had a deposit on.. it was no problem

You can apply it to an existing reservation after changing the ownership. Just call and ask.

I have also used a certificate on existing reservation. I recommend you call and have it transferred to you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If working with a TA they should be able to help you out.

Now if doing this with NCL.com don't wait until past the Final Payment date.

Get the ball rolling call and find out what you need to do.

Previous posts are giving a heads up on the process.

If you have significant promos perks inside offers involved ---

DO NOT CANCEL AND REBOOK avoid this alternative unless

you can do better - probably not since you appear to have

maybe SDP shore excursions purchases already made.

Rebooking replacing some maybe impossible.

Come back and tell us of how this went and Good Luck !