Cruise Critic Community
louise1809

Just back from Anthem of the Seas!

We just got back from a fantastic cruise to New England and Canada on Anthem of the Seas, the ship was beautiful, spotlessly clean, staff were incredibly attentive, and friendly eveywhere around the ship, our cabin (junior suite 9612) was very comfortable indeed, (I did ask for a pillow topper for the mattress and got a comforter under the sheets which helped) the room was spacious and modern very well equipped. Balcony was just wonderful!

Food was fabulous, particularly in Coastal Kitchen, where we were welcomed every evening and we found the windjammer food excellent too. I ate lots of waffles 😋

We liked Chops Grille, but felt that the desserts were too similar to those in the MDR and not ‘special’ enough.

Wonderland was interesting, with some very tasty dishes, the pork, beef, and fish were delicious. And the chocolate bombe dessert - now you are talking!

Jamies also had a great selection of dishes, including a brownie to die for with caramel popcorn.

Shows were good, we enjoyed the salsa bar too, people were dancing away most evenings in there.

Cruise director Dennis was a character, we love how he says ‘Leesure’ for ‘Leisure’ 😂 counted ten times in one announcement!

We met and made friends with some really nice people, one of the best cruises we have ever taken all in all!

Being home sucks.

I agree almost 100%! I was on the final 9 day Bermuda/Caribbean cruise two sailings prior to yours. Far exceeded my expectations. I was a bit worried from bad reviews. Should have known! Beautiful, easy to navigate ship. Good sized ship, good crowd control, service was awesome. My only disappointment was my own fault in that my expectations for Wonderland were a bit too high. The main course was good but I thought the overall experience would be a bit better. You are right about the dessert! I was with two other couples who were pretty negative (they are picky) and that probably had an effect on the meal. First time at Jamies and it was awesome! Highly recommend.

Our balcony cabin seemed exceptionally spacious and lots of storage. Love the storage above the bed (similar to X) and the two wardrobe closets. Brilliant idea!

Yeah we are kinda perplexed at the mixed reviews of Anthem because we absolutely loved her. Just booked to sail on her a second time next Sept. Jaime's was a amazing, sooooo much food. Next time I will go on a total empty stomach because I couldn't even finish my food. Wonderland I was skeptical of but once we did it I was glad because we had fun and it was an experience. We really love Anthem. I am a mega ship guy and Anthem fits the bill. Glad you enjoyed like we did.