ESCAPE - September 9th Bermuda - TS/H Florence

Formula280SS

I am on this cruise , too. I went and looked at port schedules for Bermuda and seems we are there 4 hours and at sea all the rest of the days .Hope they are not too wild.

Where does it say that? I think you need to look at the arrival and departure dates as well as time ;)

Sun 09/11 Sept 1230 1730 Norwegian Dawn King’s Wharf NCL BOS/BOS MA

This was in one of the facebook groups:

Norwegian Cruise Line The safety and security of our guests and crew is always our top priority. Due to Hurricane Florence in the Eastern Atlantic, we have modified Norwegian Escape’s itinerary from New York City on September 9. To avoid the storm’s path, the ship will not call in Bermuda and will instead call in Port Canaveral, Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau, Bahamas. We are closely monitoring the storm and will provide additional updates as they become available.

It would be nice if they would let us know the potential alternatives, even complete cancellation.

The FL route looks tough with seas and 2 trailing potential systems.

The CA and NE route looks tough on return to NY when Florence might hit NE and NY.

At this point, WE'LL TAKE A FULL REFUND, enjoy NY till Sunday and fly home. There just doesn't seem to be any good, enjoyable alternatives.

I Just received the email from NCL for the 9/9 sailing:

Original

Day

Destination

Arrive

Depart

Sun

New York City, New York, Us

4:00 pm

Mon

At Sea

Tue

At Sea

Wed

Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda

8:00 am

Overnight

Thu

Overnight

Overnight

Fri

3:00 pm

Sat

At Sea

Sun

7:00 am

Revised

Day

Destination

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Mon

At Sea

Tue

At Sea

Wed

Port Canaveral, Florida

1:00 pm

9:00 pm

Thu

Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas

10:00 am

6:00 pm

Fri

Nassau, Bahamas

Sat

At Sea

Sun

Its that time of year in September where hurricanes and storms always churn the waters in the Atlantic. Don't book a cruise during hurricane season if you refuse to be diverted. NCL like all lines will not cancel the cruise nor will they refund passengers. They will stay clear of the hurricane and make the best of it. You are on vacation and waited for a long time for this moment. Don't let mother nature rob you of your vacation.

I Just received the email from NCL for the 9/9 sailing:

Original

Day

Destination

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Mon

At Sea

Tue

At Sea

Wed

Overnight

Thu

Overnight

Overnight

Fri

3:00 pm

Sat

At Sea

Sun

Revised

Day

Destination

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Mon

At Sea

Tue

At Sea

Wed

Port Canaveral, Florida

1:00 pm

9:00 pm

Thu

Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas

10:00 am

Fri

Nassau, Bahamas

Sat

At Sea

Sun

Well that answers that!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

It would be nice if they would let us know the potential alternatives, even complete cancellation.

The FL route looks tough with seas and 2 trailing potential systems.

The CA and NE route looks tough on return to NY when Florence might hit NE and NY.

At this point, WE'LL TAKE A FULL REFUND, enjoy NY till Sunday and fly home. There just doesn't seem to be any good, enjoyable alternatives.

Email.

NEW ITINERARY

attachment.php?attachmentid=427922&stc=1&d=1536265189

I guess they are expecting dawn to make it, escape was due to be in port during the worst part. Dawn hopefully will miss it. Sounds like Bermuda has closed the port meaning they had to rethink escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Closed the port? Now? After Tuesday?where did you see that?

Bearing in mind the original info on escape changing itinerary came from Bermuda maritime operations, although admittedly says escape cancelled rather than the other way around. Just seems to be ncl and Bermuda talking and deciding to cancel...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just saw the alert on NCL website:

Hurricane Florence – Norwegian Escape and Norwegian Dawn, September 6, 2018

Update #2: The safety and security of our guests and crew is always our top priority. Due to Hurricane Florence in the Eastern Atlantic, we have modified Norwegian Escape’s itinerary from New York City on September 9. To avoid the storm’s path, the ship will not call in Bermuda and will instead call in Port Canaveral, Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau, Bahamas. At this time there are no changes to the scheduled sailings departing from Boston on September 7 for Norwegian Dawn. We are closely monitoring the storm and will provide additional updates as they become available.

We’ve ‘been there, done this’ the Dawn will dock as scheduled and depending on how fast the storm is moving, etc. they will pull you out of Bermuda early to get in front of it. Bear in mind you may have a VERY rough day at sea, we did the last time this happened. If you are lucky they will haul butt down and get you into Bermuda earlier than scheduled, that happened as well for us. The best part was we were the last ship allowed in before Nicole in 2016 and literally had the island to ourselves for 2 days.

I wonder why the Escape pax are getting so much information while Dawn, set to leave tomorrow, seems to offer none. Frustrating.

NCL: Hurricane Florence – Norwegian Escape and Norwegian Dawn, September 6, 2018 At this time there are no changes to the scheduled sailings departing from Boston on September 7 for Norwegian Dawn. We are closely monitoring the storm and will provide additional updates as they become available.

It's changed now...

NCL: Hurricane Florence – Norwegian Escape and Norwegian Dawn, September 6, 2018 At this time there are no changes to the scheduled sailings departing from Boston on September 7 for Norwegian Dawn. We are closely monitoring the storm and will provide additional updates as they become available.

I decided to book the Escape to Bermuda for mid-October, knowing full well that the height of hurricane season could be a factor. I decided that as long as I am on a cruise ship, I will be happy! I have the UBP, so I am good to go wherever! :p

I will probably be tracking storm activity as we get closer all the same. I am an information junkie.

Our weatherman today said that September 12 is the peak of hurricane season. For what that's worth. I too am cruising mid October in the Eastern Caribbean and hope the hurricanes stay away!