ESCAPE - September 9th Bermuda - TS/H Florence

Formula280SS

Your going to go and like it LOL

Does Fl and Bahamas suck? Yea maybe a little. But it is what it is, you can either change your attitude and try to make the most of a bad situation and have a good time or make yourself miserable for a week. I choose to not worry about things which I have no control over, don't sweat the small things. This is a truly a first world problem. If you want to talk about things which are truly very uncomfortable and possibly dangerous......come talk to me about my son who is serving in the peace corp or my nephew who is in the Marines in Afghanistan

Yes!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Is anyone else stalking their email to see if we get a last minute switch to NE/Canada? lol I'm obsessively checking it on my phone. We are leaving tomorrow and staying overnight in NYC before boarding Sunday and as of right now we are still packing shorts and t-shirts... though I did throw in a pair of extra jeans and another sweatshirt for the us just in case they change once boarded. I don't want to have to stop in Bar Harbor to buy clothes. lol Now that would be expensive!

My DH has no interest in GSC so hoping with the storm surge and waves they can't tender and we can go straight to Nassau. ;) Either that or we will indulge in the Haven and maybe get a couples massage that day!

At this point we are going to make the best of it no matter where we end up going. We can't change it and a cruise anywhere is better than a day at the office, that's for sure!

I think the original issue was that the Bermuda maritime office closed the port. That made NCL take action as to where the ship could go. This makes sense as I was surprised NCL made a decision on Thursday for the Sunday sailing. There was another time on Princess from Brooklyn going to Bermuda as the first stop that we boarded and advised that we were going to Bermuda even though there was a hurricane approaching. It was not until the next afternoon that the announcement was made that we were skipping Bermuda and heading straight to Puerto Rico. Those of us know that when you book a cruise during the hurricane season this could happen. In our case two of my sons work for UPS and cannot get summer vacation time yet so we took a shot booking this one. I understand the need to change the itinerary I just hope we can get down there and back without being subjected to rough weather. Storms can be unpredictable and forecasting where and severity is tough. I am concerned about my Daughter in law whose never been on a cruise and is very nervous about the possibility of rough seas. We felt well at least we would be in Bermuda for 2.5 days and she would be off the water. Now that's gone. Not happy with Florida and Bahamas but we also have to understand there are only so many ports for ships to go to.

... At this point we are going to make the best of it no matter where we end up going. We can't change it and a cruise anywhere is better than a day at the office, that's for sure!

Bingo, post of the day !! Winning attitude against first world problem.

Best of luck for a safe sailing this weekend ... what could possibly be worst, a CTN for 7 days, with rough seas, wind & rain at times, trying to run & dance around the storms. Just think, for those getting unlimited WiFi internet onboard the ship - assumed decent satellite coverage (might not work "nicely" due to bad weather) - you and others can stream live coverage ... putting you on CNN and Fox, with a positive spin !!

We are booked on the Escape next month, knowing that we have had bad luck with Nor-Easters in recent past. Please take care of the ship and tell the Captain at the M&M to bring her & all the souls back safely ... and, no medevac whatsoever.

Does Fl and Bahamas suck? Yea maybe a little. But it is what it is, you can either change your attitude and try to make the most of a bad situation and have a good time or make yourself miserable for a week. I choose to not worry about things which I have no control over, don't sweat the small things. This is a truly a first world problem. If you want to talk about things which are truly very uncomfortable and possibly dangerous......come talk to me about my son who is serving in the peace corp or my nephew who is in the Marines in Afghanistan

You make a good point, and I appreciate that. I'm actually not fussing anymore about the ports, we have settled into that scenario. What we are more concerned now about the seas and possible rough sailing.

It will be what it is and we will have to make the best of it -- we have no choice. If they were changing ports because of other reasons, we'd have to also be okay with that decision. This is my first time with this scenario and it's weird not to know how to pack, just in case we get to the port on Sunday and they surprise us by saying they're cruising north :eek:

THIS !!

Get a grip people. Itinerary changes can happen anytime but booking a cruise during [peak] Hurricane season means there is a better than average chance you're going to be re-routed. The cruise line is not going to cancel, they're not going to issue a refund, & they're not going to apologize for taking their very expensive ship & it's passengers in a direction that they deem safe.

You need to make lemonade out of those lemons!!

You make a good point, and I appreciate that. I'm actually not fussing anymore about the ports, we have settled into that scenario. What we are more concerned now about the seas and possible rough sailing.

It will be what it is and we will have to make the best of it -- we have no choice. If they were changing ports because of other reasons, we'd have to also be okay with that decision. This is my first time with this scenario and it's weird not to know how to pack, just in case we get to the port on Sunday and they surprise us by saying they're cruising north :eek:

LIKE!(y)

I just did, bought a no single supplement for this cruise. Fantastic price, just got cabin assignment and it's excellent plus used next cruise certificate.

NCL is the only line i notice that does this. singles 499 even this moment going to bermuda.

wonder why they dont change itinerary on the web?

NCL is the only line i notice that does this. singles 499 even this moment going to bermuda.

wonder why they dont change itinerary on the web?

at this moment single price is even less than 499, tel op did not even know, upon printout it was 391!!!!!

one of the larger online ta has new itinerary listed

next cruise cert are available for purchase onboard ship or sometimes people offer them here for sale.

Looking forward to a great time on this cruise wherever it heads as long as it's not north....LOL...I will take 90 and a chance of rain over 66 and a chance of rain any day of the week. Easier to deal with a less than ideal port when it's warm out.

That being said from those that have been to these ports before what are some of the better excursions to do assuming we actual make it to a port of course.

Looking forward to a great time on this cruise wherever it heads as long as it's not north....LOL...I will take 90 and a chance of rain over 66 and a chance of rain any day of the week. Easier to deal with a less than ideal port when it's warm out.

That being said from those that have been to these ports before what are some of the better excursions to do assuming we actual make it to a port of course.

Far better opportunities for excursions on a northern cruise -- lots more to do and see.

Problem with the PC stop is they aren't getting in until 1 p.m. -- kind of cuts if close to do the KSC, which was our first option and closes at 6 pm. I think we will either do an airboat or Disney Springs. I do wish they'd let us book before we board. I just see 4,000 people standing in line at shore excursions :D

For Nassau my husband really wants to take me to the Pirate Museum. He loved it when he went a few years ago.

I don't hold out a lot of hope that rough seas might not prevent us from tendering into Great Stirrup Cay -- but there's time for things to change. If we do, we're looking at doing the eco tour.

Betcha there are just as many people who don't want to go north as there are who do ;)

New info:

According to a friend at travel agency Norwegian decided to change the ports of call before Bermuda decided whether to keep it open or close. So looks like Norwegian acted first. Imagine if the storm slides further away and we could have gone to bermuda afterall.... Oh well it is what it is. We just cannot get a break. Weather forecast in NYC for Sunday is 80% rain so messy start as well..

New info:

According to a friend at travel agency Norwegian decided to change the ports of call before Bermuda decided whether to keep it open or close. So looks like Norwegian acted first. Imagine if the storm slides further away and we could have gone to bermuda afterall.... Oh well it is what it is. We just cannot get a break. Weather forecast in NYC for Sunday is 80% rain so messy start as well..

Yeah -- I still think they jumped to decide too quickly. It would have been more acceptable if Bermuda had shut NCL out! Here's the new announcement on their site. Looks like the Dawn got lucky.

Hurricane Florence – Norwegian Escape and Norwegian Dawn, September 6, 2018 10:00 PM EST (2:00 AM UTC)

Update #3: The safety and security of our guests and crew is always our top priority. Due to Hurricane Florence in the Eastern Atlantic, we have modified both Norwegian Escape’s and Norwegian Dawn’s itineraries.

Norwegian Escape, scheduled to depart from New York City on September 9, will now call in Port Canaveral, Florida as well as Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau in the Bahamas to avoid the storm’s path. The ship will not call in Bermuda as planned.

Norwegian Dawn, scheduled to depart from Boston on September 7, will not sail her original itinerary due to the anticipated weather conditions in Bermuda. She will instead call in Halifax and Sydney, Nova Scotia; St. John, New Brunswick; and Bar Harbor, Maine.

Our on board teams are prepared to ensure the best vacation experience possible given these weather related necessary changes. We will continue to closely monitor the storm and provide additional updates as they become available.

Carnival also announced their ship, the Carnival Pride is not docking at Bermuda as schedule. that ship is also sailing south to Bahamas like the Escape

I think the bermuda is shutting down everyone and will prevent any ship from docking next week until the storm passes

Does anyone have the revised ports of call with times as of now? I know the first info was incorrect since it had only one sea day to get back to NYC.

Day Cruise Ports Arrive Depart

Sun New York, New York (EMBARK) --- 4:00 pm

Mon At Sea --- ---

Tue Orlando & Beaches (Port Canaveral) 1:00 pm 9:00 pm

Wed Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 10:00 am 6:00 pm

Thu Nassau, Bahamas 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Fri At Sea --- ---

Sat At Sea --- ---

Sun New York, New York (DISEMBARK) 7:00 am ---