Cruise Critic Community
dannyr

Eating after Embarkation

On other ships and lines, the MDR (or at least one restaurant or buffet) is generally open on embarkation day, and wondering if the Aria is similar.

That is, after getting onboard can I head straight away and eat or does everything stay closed until departure?

I've only sailed on the Jewel but certainly you could eat right away - I'd be extremely surprised if you couldn't on the Aria. We always went to the Pantry but I'm not sure if the MDR was open too. I think it might have been.

Actually, I think there would be riot if people couldn't eat when the got on!! I've sailed on five different cruise lines and they all have buffet food available when you embark.

The Waterfront restaurant on our recent Pacific Eden cruise was open from 1330 to 1430. We attended and enjoyed a good meal. There were not many others dining there. Better than the bun fight in the Pantry on embarkation day.

On other ships and lines, the MDR (or at least one restaurant or buffet) is generally open on embarkation day, and wondering if the Aria is similar.

That is, after getting onboard can I head straight away and eat or does everything stay closed until departure?

The two times we've been in the Aria the pantry has been open and the waterfront for short lunch periods.

The other speciality restaurants weren't however.