Cruise Critic Community
PelicanBill

Florence

I keep checking my American Airlines app to see if the flights have changed and so far they have not... The weather doesn't look too bad on the weather.com hourly forecast as of now either so I might get lucky!

It's still a little early for Saturday flights. It's actually pretty nice here now - in fact I have a tee time at noon tomorrow. The leading bands of rain are predicted to reach us around the 17th hole. Then the heavier rain starts overnight. What really concerns me is that the projected path has Florence making a northerly turn along the Blue Ridge. Those mountains often redirect our weather. In this case I worry they will push Florence a bit ENE and hit us harder for the weekend. Sojust keep checking I guess.

It's still a little early for Saturday flights. It's actually pretty nice here now - in fact I have a tee time at noon tomorrow. The leading bands of rain are predicted to reach us around the 17th hole.

Just play the downwind holes.

I found a site dealing with wave height... interesting information..http://www.oceanweather.com/data/ . Thought I would share.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this discussion. Let's hope we don't need many more of them this year. My next cruise is Oct. 27 and I need 3 eastern and 3 southern and 3 western ports left alone!

I made it through Charlotte fine! In fort Lauderdale now

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I made it through Charlotte fine! In fort Lauderdale now

Excellent. I checked around 8:00 this morning and they didn't have any cancellations or delays at that time. Florence is such a slow mover that we are only now starting to get the leading edge. Have a great cruise. :cool:

Excellent. I checked around 8:00 this morning and they didn't have any cancellations or delays at that time. Florence is such a slow mover that we are only now starting to get the leading edge. Have a great cruise. :cool:

Thank you!! You guys be safe!!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this discussion. Let's hope we don't need many more of them this year. My next cruise is Oct. 27 and I need 3 eastern and 3 southern and 3 western ports left alone!

Thanks to you for taking the lead on these event, Bill. It is greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping for the latter as I am now planning on driving south west of the Appalachians. I may see some rain on my I75 route, but that isn't too unusual. I could divert as far west as Louisville/Nashville if needed. Hoping to drive as far as Valdosta Saturday.

This turned out wise, made it to Valdosta Georgia, all dry. Port Canaveral tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This turned out wise, made it to Valdosta Georgia, all dry. Port Canaveral tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men actually work. :) Florence is really taking her sweet time getting to Charlotte. We're in a NE suburb and still just have light winds and light rain. A few trees down in the Charlotte metro area but we get that with pretty much any thunderstorm event. The heavy stuff won't be here for a while, your Eminence. Have a nice cruise