Karib Rentals

LotusLane

I thought I would post a review for others if you wanted to go this route. We read some good reviews and some bad ones so we chanced it anyways.

We got to port at 8am but didn't pick up our Golf Cart until after the mad rush around 11/12. Golf carts were easy to find with directions from a few folks.

They sat outside the port but no one had any signs so we had to ask around some more. We originally made a deposit via paypal. Chantal was the lady that rented out the cart to us. She was nice enough. She did have a heavy accent and I had some trouble understanding her. She got frustrated with me when I asked a few times to repeat herself. She didn't tell me I needed to bring exact change so we didn't have exact change. She asked us to put $6 in gas before bringing it back which honestly we needed it because it was almost empty by the time we finished driving around. We needed the gas to get back to port.

The cart itself was clean ran fine, except one thing. That one thing was pretty big deal. The brake pedal would get stuck to the floor, so we COULDN'T use the brakes at all. My husband figured out if we needed to stop somewhere we just let the the cart slow down on its own and then turn it off.

We told them about the bad brakes when we dropped it off. They laughed it off but honestly hoping they fix it. We did run a yield sign into on coming traffic because we couldn't stop. It could have been worst and I'm glad it wasn't.

We drove around the island a bit. I was not impressed by it at all. The beach was nice at port but everywhere else just looked dilapidated. We did not go to Governor's beach. We did go to the lighthouse which was nice.

So rent at your own risk.

We just got back from GT last week and rented from Wet Money. They had a booth set up right outside of the gate. It was a $100 for the day and we did not reserve ahead. I'm glad to hear that we weren't the only ones unimpressed with Grand Turk. That was probably my 8th trip to GT and had always heard about renting a golf cart so decided to give it a try. When I tell you there is little to see, I mean there is very little to see. 90% of the trip is driving through sketchy rundown neighborhoods. The golf cart only goes a max of 20 mph. We were chased by 2 huge aggressive dogs that looked like the dog from the Sandlot. I thought my sister who was riding on the back was going to get bit for sure. Also, when you stopped at a stop sign and the cart was idling slow it would backfire and sounded like a gun shot. Scared the crap out of us the first time and scared the crap out of a few people we saw on the roads too. Anyway glad I can say I did it but not worth the money and definitely won't be doing it again!

I'm not a huge GT fan either, if you are not beach people...meh. But at least we had a donkey follow us instead of a dog (honestly the wild donkeys were the best part of the island) and at one point a cyclist grabbed on for a pull without asking (but he also gave us directions which helped as there were no street signs!)