Dawn itinerary change to Canada/New England

shof515

Tomorrow Dawn cruise to Bermuda changed to a Canada/New England cruise most likely stopping at Saint John and Halifax. Official announcement should be coming out soon. I seen it on the roll call and on facebook.

Oh wow quite a change from the original itinerary. I hope those of you on this cruise are able to make the best of it.

Hurricane Florence – Norwegian Escape and Norwegian Dawn, September 6, 2018 10:00 PM EST (2:00 AM UTC)

Update #3: The safety and security of our guests and crew is always our top priority. Due to Hurricane Florence in the Eastern Atlantic, we have modified both Norwegian Escape’s and Norwegian Dawn’s itineraries.

Norwegian Escape, scheduled to depart from New York City on September 9, will now call in Port Canaveral, Florida as well as Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau in the Bahamas to avoid the storm’s path. The ship will not call in Bermuda as planned.*

Norwegian Dawn, scheduled to depart from Boston on September 7, will not sail her original itinerary due to the anticipated weather conditions in Bermuda. She will instead call in Halifax and Sydney, Nova Scotia; St. John, New Brunswick; and Bar Harbor, Maine.

Our on board teams are prepared to ensure the best vacation experience possible given these weather related necessary changes. We will continue to closely monitor the storm and provide additional updates as they become available.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Hurricane Florence – Norwegian Escape and Norwegian Dawn, September 6, 2018 10:00 PM EST (2:00 AM UTC)

Update #3: The safety and security of our guests and crew is always our top priority. Due to Hurricane Florence in the Eastern Atlantic, we have modified both Norwegian Escape’s and Norwegian Dawn’s itineraries.

Norwegian Dawn, scheduled to depart from Boston on September 7, will not sail her original itinerary due to the anticipated weather conditions in Bermuda. She will instead call in Halifax and Sydney, Nova Scotia; St. John, New Brunswick; and Bar Harbor, Maine.

Our on board teams are prepared to ensure the best vacation experience possible given these weather related necessary changes. We will continue to closely monitor the storm and provide additional updates as they become available.

That why we are more than happy to have purchased a drinking package :D. A little sad though since we are from New England and see Canada often but HEY it's still a vacation! ;)

Just wanted to say you seem to have a great attitude about the change. Hope you have an wonderful cruise.

Tomorrow Dawn cruise to Bermuda changed to a Canada/New England cruise most likely stopping at Saint John and Halifax. Official announcement should be coming out soon. I seen it on the roll call and on facebook.

I understand that NCL is well within their rights to do this without offering any kind of compensation or refund but this would piss me off. Bermuda/Caribbean is not even close to the same cruise as Canada.

Out of curiosity, if you had travelers insurance, and decided to just cancel the cruise since it is not even in the same region/hemisphere as the original cruise, would it typically be covered??

Even if they completely change the itinerary ?

Now i understand why the wait was so long tonight when i called NCL.

A lot of passenger from this cruise must be angry :mad:

If you read the terms and conditions when you booked your upcoming trip, you will see you pretty much sign away any rights of recourse. It clearly states that they owe you nothing if they change the itinerary. I had to swallow a couple of times before hitting 'accept'. I mentally considered my acceptable $ loss factor and given the great price, I was willing to take the losses if it came to that, or planned on taking it for 'the cruise', rather than 'the destinations'. I have a pretty comprehensive insurance coverage, but who knows what they would cover.

It's a tough break, though, for those who wanted 'beach'. Canada is pretty lovely at this time of year, but 'beach' is not so accessible.

I understand that NCL is well within their rights to do this without offering any kind of compensation or refund but this would piss me off. Bermuda/Caribbean is not even close to the same cruise as Canada.

Out of curiosity, if you had travelers insurance, and decided to just cancel the cruise since it is not even in the same region/hemisphere as the original cruise, would it typically be covered??

Most insurance doesn’t kick in for itinerary changes.

Most insurance doesn’t kick in for itinerary changes.

Kind of what I thought. I know legally it is simply an itinerary change. In my opinion, skipping Bermuda and going to Key West instead is an itinerary change. Skipping the Caribbean and going to Canada is an entirely different cruise.

er This happened to us in September 2011. It was our 50th Anniversary, sailing September 4th out of NYC to Bermuda. Well hurricane Irene had other ideas, so cruise went to Bahamas and other ports. When we arrived at pier they said we could re-book if we did not want to go to Bahamas. We opted to go and had a good time, won the Newly Wed Game and shared our bottle of wine that we won with the three other contestants. We had planned to go to Bermuda for years and were disappointed by the change, but made the best out of a not good situation. This year we took the Bermuda cruise from Boston on June 7th on the Dawn, and had a great time. Met many from Boston who know how to party. If you plan a cruise in September hurricanes can change you vacation plan, but you can still have a good time.

People would be 'pissed' due to the itinerary change? Um, it's hurricane season. Anyone who books a cruise in the Atlantic during hurricane season (June thru November) has to expect to be dealing with a hurricane. That being said, we have a Caribbean cruise scheduled for mid November so I hope I don't have to eat my words.

The only insurance I know that would give you anything is the one I buy... Nationwide Cruise Insurance. If you purchased the best plan, you would receive $1250 per person, under the port of call change provision.

Good thing it's barely snowing in Canada at this time of the year...... ;)

Haha I hope this is a joke! I do feel for everyone that is dealing with this sudden change. I only vacation to warm, tropical locations because I live in Seattle. I get enough cold and wet weather for 6 months of the year. One thing I absolutely refuse to deal with is snow. I would be so so upset if my cruise was rerouted to New England (I lived there, not my cup of tea) and Canada. I would definitely still go though and just really enjoy the ship and my UBP.