NOT QUITE LIVE! — MS Zuiderdam — NYC to QC

*Miss G*

Sorry everyone! I ran out of steam the last few days so I have been remiss in my posting! I think I could have done with a few more sea days between ports. This vacation business is pretty exhausting! We are now in Quebec City and will be disembarking tomorrow. I hope to get caught up soon.

I will try to remember! I will also post a few more pics of the room and balcony at some point.

Using the Navigator (free) I have noticed that it is sometimes excruciatingly slow. Luckily, I have a North America plan so, when we are in port, I turn on my hotspot and have been posting from there.

Thanks and no need to apologize!

This time I remembered to take food pics for Av7rix. As you can see we had lobster roll and mussels. They were delicious!! It was from a little place on a floating dock called Steamers.

b7b84be2653ae5f784a078377999b412.jpg

Oh, wow! We don't lack for good mussels here in the PacNW but looking at that fine cold-water lobster makes me want to take a cruise like the one you're on now. Thanks!

Yeah, but did you go to Cows and get one? ;p

COWS.jpg

Ohmygosh hahahahaha. Do you know what I was calling it? Moo’s!! Thanks Copper! Your pic and narrative is very timely:

——————————-

We walked around the shops and stopped for ice cream at Moo’s. I don’t have a picture of my ice cream.

When we got back to the ship I had a lapse in judgement and went to the spa for reflexology. My husband went for a massage. We both came away remembering why we never go there. It’s that hard sell at the end. Thanks for the reminder, spa people.

We leave Charlottetown in the wake of the Veendam.

371509ddb9b4644118fa94aba94ccdfd.jpg

This post is for Tallulah:

Sheena was very happily surprised to hear from you. I asked her if she knew a Tallulah. She looked at me in shock and said “Yes! O. M. G.” She tells me she was with you on the Rotterdam on her last contract as well as the last cruise. (I think I got that right.) She saw you every day and you and your husband were traveling with another couple.

DAY EIGHT - CRUISING THE SAINT LAWRENCE SEAWAY

Today is a sea day. I like sea days. It is like getting a day off from vacation. Sometimes vacation is a lot of work. The Navigator tells me it is 81f/27c out there. It lies.

Here is sunrise. I can see you Veendam!

26dabb6294ae3004ec40df013806d1d9.jpg

DAY NINE - SAGUENAY FJORD

We’re here! The Saguenay Fjord is the whole reason I chose this itinerary. It is as beautiful as a I thought. Apparently I am not the only person who chose this itinerary for the Saguenay Fjord because it seems the whole ship is up. Usually it’s just me and another guy. (I am not a guy.)

Here is sunrise:

3969b0e77a460ded846c527e9d9b1623.jpg

Goodbye PEI.

d62d46ead10d9ea2c14b53caab03f7ff.jpg

Blockhouse Point Light from 1876, the second oldest light station on the island (Point Prim from 1846 on the east side of the harbor entrance is the oldest). Located on the west side of Charlottetown harbor. Always like seeing this one outbound from nice Charlottetown, PEI. Nice capture Miss G

This post is for Tallulah:

Sheena was very happily surprised to hear from you. I asked her if she knew a Tallulah. She looked at me in shock and said “Yes! O. M. G.” She tells me she was with you on the Rotterdam on her last contract as well as the last cruise. (I think I got that right.) She saw you every day and you and your husband were traveling with another couple.

That always amazes me how they can remember so much about us. She is an amazing and kind young woman. Thank you for passing along my message. She will be on the Volendam about a week or two after we get off this winter.[emoji21][emoji21] Thanks fpr your informative and entertaining blog. You have a wonderful writing style.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

When we got back to the ship I had a lapse in judgement and went to the spa for reflexology. My husband went for a massage. We both came away remembering why we never go there. It’s that hard sell at the end. Thanks for the reminder, spa people.

I always tell them upfront that I'm allergic to scents (I'm not). The only problem with that is that I don't get any of the good smelling lotion, but it's totally worth it not to get the hard sell at the end! ;)