Cruise Critic Community
tbae

Bliss cabin 17126 - is it true there are ping pong tables right outside?

Hello all! :-) We are sailing on Oct. 20 in cabin 17126 on the Bliss. I read in another thread that there is constant ping pong playing near this cabin, heard from the balcony? Is this something anyone who has stayed in this cabin can substantiate? I realize if it is the case, that it 'is what it is', but I am just curious. Also, if you have any photos or videos of this room or the balcony, please share. :-) We are getting so excited! 43 days to go! :D

Yes....I believe the tables are on the deck that adjoins the outside wall of the cabin.

Yes....I believe the tables are on the deck that adjoins the outside wall of the cabin.

Interesting. Thanks for the confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But if you're an avid ping pong player then this cabin is perfect.

Lol!!!!!!!!!

We just traveled on the Bliss in 17726, starboard side equivalent of 17126. Weather in Alaska was clear and in the 60's so the common areas were all in use. Yes, there is a ping pong table on both sun decks near 17726 and 17126. It's behind a barrier that somewhat muffles the noise. We did not find the activity objectionable. (The din from the Pool was far noisier but generally fun to listen to -- music, best male leg contest, etc.). Given that the youth population is reduced due to school starting after Labor Day, ping pong noise will likely not be a significant issue for you.

On the positive side, I believe that 17126 benefits from the same larger balcony that 17726 does - due to the storage room between the suite and sun deck. Because of the larger size, we asked our steward for 2 chaise lounges for comfortable scenery watching. Highly recommended, if my suspicions are correct.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

We just traveled on the Bliss in 17726, starboard side equivalent of 17126. Weather in Alaska was clear and in the 60's so the common areas were all in use. Yes, there is a ping pong table on both sun decks near 17726 and 17126. It's behind a barrier that somewhat muffles the noise. We did not find the activity objectionable. (The din from the Pool was far noisier but generally fun to listen to -- music, best male leg contest, etc.). Given that the youth population is reduced due to school starting after Labor Day, ping pong noise will likely not be a significant issue for you.

On the positive side, I believe that 17126 benefits from the same larger balcony that 17726 does - due to the storage room between the suite and sun deck. Because of the larger size, we asked our steward for 2 chaise lounges for comfortable scenery watching. Highly recommended, if my suspicions are correct.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Thank you for the welcome and encouraging words! This is great news. I’d read that the balcony was larger than others of the same room type. Funnily, my husband loves ping pong - he was excited to hear tables were nearby! Lol Might you have any photos of your balcony?