Cruising with 3 under 3

jcyan13

My advice (as a former travel agent), having taken my 3-month-old daughter and am scheduled on one next month with my now 28-year-old daughter, her husband, 3-year-old and 1-year-old: Do your research in advance and come prepared! I have already reserved rental cars in every port so we can go where we want when. We have cabins in the Harbor section of Carnival's Horizon, largely chosen for the lounge area, which provides extra space for the kiddos, as well as snacks (and better coffee than anywhere else on the ship :-). I've read good reviews of the Camp, which hopefully the 3-year-old will enjoy on sea days, so we'll only have to chaperone the 1-year-old (between 3 adults, how hard can that be? ;-). We also have trained our children to behave (unfortunately, unlike some), but there's always the possibility of a tantrum, in which case we remove the child from the situation until s/he's calmed down (and to avoid inconveniencing others). Bring lots of quarters for the laundry, since otherwise you'll have to wait in long lines at the front desk. Hope this helps!

Hello,

Looking for advice about booking a cruise on the Carnival Freedom next June and we will have 3 kiddos at that point- 3.5 yo, 2 yo and what will be a 7 month old. DHs family and siblings all just booked and we really want to go on this family trip, but the logistics may not be workable.

I called Carnival and the Freedom does not accommodate families of 5 in one room. We would technically need to book me and DH with two kids and then ask one of the grandparents to book the third kid. Realistically though, all 3 kids will want to sleep in our room most likely. We would need two cribs- one for the 7 mo old and one for the 2 year old. And the 3.5 year old is a roller so I’m not 100% in what we would do with him as he would roll out of the pullman. DH thinks this whole idea is a logistical challenge between sleeping arrangements and the amount of diapers and bottles and gear. I’m included to agree but wanted to hear from those who have traveled with infants and toddlers on Carnival.

You will need 2 vacations when you finish.

• Haha 1

Doesn't sound like fun at all to me. But I've never done it with babies/toddlers. But I also wouldn't have been able to afford it when my kids were that young. I have to say though, I am a horrible sleeper and if my neighbor had kids crying at all hours of the night I would be beyond pissed. I would be pounding on your door. I can not put anything in my ears so no earplugs for me. It is too painful. I am paying a lot for my cruise too, so as an adult I deserve to enjoy my vacation that I earned. No kid has earned a cruise, and they may have fun but they will not remember a second of the cruise a few years later.

Had a crying baby next door to us 1 cruise ,day and night , We called security , people on the other side of them called ,people across the hall called , Security was at their door several times on that cruise ,, Carnival gave us 30% off our next cruise Security said the baby was teething ,but told the parents to keep it quite

Hello,

Looking for advice about booking a cruise on the Carnival Freedom next June and we will have 3 kiddos at that point- 3.5 yo, 2 yo and what will be a 7 month old. DHs family and siblings all just booked and we really want to go on this family trip, but the logistics may not be workable.

I called Carnival and the Freedom does not accommodate families of 5 in one room. We would technically need to book me and DH with two kids and then ask one of the grandparents to book the third kid. Realistically though, all 3 kids will want to sleep in our room most likely. We would need two cribs- one for the 7 mo old and one for the 2 year old. And the 3.5 year old is a roller so I’m not 100% in what we would do with him as he would roll out of the pullman. DH thinks this whole idea is a logistical challenge between sleeping arrangements and the amount of diapers and bottles and gear. I’m included to agree but wanted to hear from those who have traveled with infants and toddlers on Carnival.

If you're asking for opinions,,,,,,

yours is best for you, but that aside, I wouldn't cruise with 3 young ones that young!:eek: