Stingray city tour companies

teacher95

Just curious if there is a list of reputable companies that offer excursions to Stingray City on the forum somewhere. Trying to do some research to find one that fits our time in Grand Cayman and our family. If it obvious, sorry for missing it.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.stingraysailing.com/

Used Stingray Sailing three times already and getting ready to book with Chip again this February.

Only other company I tried was Nativeways on my first trip to Grand Cayman. Rays, Reefs and Rum Point tour.

Was a completely unorganized mess of a day, that left half of us running for the final tenders back to our various ships that day.

Tried Stingray Sailing the next trip to Grand Cayman and I will never try another company.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On our last visit in GC our Carnival excursion "left without us" so we ended up taking a chance on a mom and pop company in the parking lot and had an amazing day.  Rowan Watersports. It was very inexpensive. They bussed us and about a dozen other people to their boat, took us out to swim with the rays.  Our ray handler was very knowledgeable and made sure everyone was comfortable and safe. Then we stopped on the way back to do a little snorkeling. We didnt even know that was part of the deal so we were very delighted. Boat was clean and safe. I would highly recommend them. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to find an excursion on a boat that has steps going down into the water for stringray city. Carnival has their contract with marineland  tours that has a boat like this. I'm having a very hard time trying to book it. Maybe you know of another tour operator that has a simular boat??

22 hours ago, MAKINGWAVES said:

Trying to find an excursion on a boat that has steps going down into the water for stringray city. Carnival has their contract with marineland  tours that has a boat like this. I'm having a very hard time trying to book it. Maybe you know of another tour operator that has a simular boat??

That’s the only operator I’ve seen with stairs of that nature.  Most have ladders.  That’s not saying there isn’t one, I just haven’t seen one in 50+ trips to Stingray City.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:44 PM, Oceans4 said:

I tried to book with Nativeway and they did not respond to my emails or my voicemail messages over a three-week period.   So frustrating!   

Same here.  I used them many years ago for a private tour and was completely satisfied.  Can't get a response now. 😞

On 1/2/2019 at 5:38 PM, BoopTennis said:

We just got back from Cayman, used Stingray Sailing. They did an excellent job, only about 20 people on the boat, plenty of room.  There was a ladder you could use to get into the water

Can you tell me what time your excursion was and did they pick you up/drop you off at the cruise terminal?  They get great reviews, I just wish their website had a bit more info. and that you could actually book it there.

2 hours ago, Beachiekeen said:

Can you tell me what time your excursion was and did they pick you up/drop you off at the cruise terminal?  They get great reviews, I just wish their website had a bit more info. and that you could actually book it there.

I think they do both morning and afternoon sailings depending on your ship's dock time. We docked at 7:15, we were to meet them at the pier at 9 am, which gave us plenty of time to tender over.  I just started the booking process via email with some questions, they were very responsive and very clear in all answers, prices, and directions. Once you are ready to book you just tell them you want to confirm, they send very clear email back with instructions. its very easy

On 1/2/2019 at 6:38 PM, BoopTennis said:

We just got back from Cayman, used Stingray Sailing. They did an excellent job, only about 20 people on the boat, plenty of room.  There was a ladder you could use to get into the water

I read your review and based on your photos and recommendation, I am in the process of booking them for our trip in February. I sent an email to them and received an immediate response. They gave a full description of the tour, the time you need to meet them, the time you will return and a ton of additional information. 

Thanks again for your wonderful review - it was very helpful.

• 5 weeks later...

Just got back from Grand Cayman (Feb 13) and for the 5th time, had an outstanding day with Capt. Chip and Sting Ray Sailing.

Only 6 of us on board for the morning excursion. 

Capt. Chip even came over to find us, as our ship tendered into the cargo pier, not Royal Watley, or North or South terminals. (6 ships in port)

I love how the guys don't manhandle the sting rays, unlike some of the other operators. (watched a couple of them come over and snatch up one of the sting rays by us)

Just let them stay as long as the rays wish.

If you would like a relaxing day, with a lot of interaction with many rays, I cannot recommend anybody else.

Bill

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bguppies said:

Just got back from Grand Cayman (Feb 13) and for the 5th time, had an outstanding day with Capt. Chip and Sting Ray Sailing.

Only 6 of us on board for the morning excursion. 

Capt. Chip even came over to find us, as our ship tendered into the cargo pier, not Royal Watley, or North or South terminals. (6 ships in port)

I love how the guys don't manhandle the sting rays, unlike some of the other operators. (watched a couple of them come over and snatch up one of the sting rays by us)

Just let them stay as long as the rays wish.

If you would like a relaxing day, with a lot of interaction with many rays, I cannot recommend anybody else.

Bill

That's so good to hear. We are booked with him next week and I am so looking forward to it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does Captain Marvin take a big group?  I'm trying to be economical for my family of four, and some of the ones posted in this thread are a bit more expensive.  I've narrowed to Captain Marvin's or Moby Dick's.  I had NativeWay in there but the comments in this thread have persuaded me otherwise.  I believe I tried contacting them several times in the fall with no response.  

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter and I used Captain Marvin's last week. They were okay. The water was a little rough last week, but they gave no snorkeling instruction to those families on board who hadn't snorkeled before. Fortunately we already knew how to snorkel and swim. I know that the excursion included 2 snorkel spots, but either families need to know their swimming capabilities, or their website should make it clearer what is physically involved.

On 2/27/2019 at 11:02 AM, TracyESQ said:

Does Captain Marvin take a big group?  I'm trying to be economical for my family of four, and some of the ones posted in this thread are a bit more expensive.  I've narrowed to Captain Marvin's or Moby Dick's.  I had NativeWay in there but the comments in this thread have persuaded me otherwise.  I believe I tried contacting them several times in the fall with no response.  

We used Captain Marvin’s last week and the group was about 30 people. We enjoyed the 2 snorkeling stops alothough as someone already mentioned, there were no instructions. The Stingray stop was very busy with our group and others and I found it was rushed.

Edited by peroorim