Diamond Lounge

Diane Rose

We are on the Explorer of the Seas next month and Ovation of the Seas in November. Other than free drinks, what do you get in the Diamond Lounge?

Diane

It is accessible with your Seapass card 24/7. There is a coffee machine there that makes all kinds of coffee beverages. There are also tea and hot chocolate packets.

During the cocktail hours, there are hot and cold hors d'oeuvres.

There is a continental breakfast in the morning.

And of course you get the services of the Diamond Concierge for assistance with things like reservations and Guest Services issues.

It is accessible with your Seapass card 24/7. There is a coffee machine there that makes all kinds of coffee beverages. There are also tea and hot chocolate packets.

And of course you get the services of the Diamond Concierge for assistance with things like reservations and Guest Services issues.

Excellent description.

Usually you will also find information leaflets.

We are on the Explorer of the Seas next month and Ovation of the Seas in November. Other than free drinks, what do you get in the Diamond Lounge?

Diane

I usually have breakfast there (nothing hot) and they typically have nibbles at cocktail hour.

Patti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is buying a coffee card worthwhile?

It is a pretty decent coffee machine in the DL, It grinds fresh beans caffeinated or decaf, 5 choices of coffee and does a really good espresso. My wife gets a combo cup of espresso and cappuccino, I stand there and push the button three times to get a good size cup of espresso. They also have a good selection of tea's.

It is a pretty decent coffee machine in the DL, It grinds fresh beans caffeinated or decaf, 5 choices of coffee and does a really good espresso. My wife gets a combo cup of espresso and cappuccino, I stand there and push the button three times to get a good size cup of espresso. They also have a good selection of tea's.

Sounds great! You just saved me some money. Thank you!

Diane

Hi Diane, while I’m late to the discussion on coffee,in my opinion, I don’t think any of the drink packages are worth buying unless you are a massive drinker. If you are Diamond, you have the lounge for coffee and for drinks and you also get 3 free drinks during cocktail hour at the bars. I’m not a big drinker, so I typically don’t even drink my 3 free drinks. I usually have 1 at the bar and then take another into dinner.

Patti

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On our navigator cruise last November diamond lounge had a real nice buffet with nachos and other Mexican food during happy hour , much nicer than food in concierge lounge.

The buffet is really nice. I came back to the ship after a full day of touring in Lisbon and didn’t really feel like going into a restaurant for dinner so I made the food in the club dinner.

Patti

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On our navigator cruise last November diamond lounge had a real nice buffet with nachos and other Mexican food during happy hour , much nicer than food in concierge lounge.

Except if you really detest Mexican food - yes, I know, I’d starve if I lived in Texas.

We did the 23 day cruise on Explorer of the Seas in April/May from Sydney to Seattle. Because we were elite on Celebrity, we were diamond on Royal C. We enjoyed the Diamond benefits immensely. They had a great coffee station with pastries and fruit at the small Diamond lounge on deck 14, I think it was.

Because there were so many Diamonds on the cruise, the Diamond Happy Hour was moved to the spacious lounge (I think deck 5 or 4) at the bow end of the promenade. There were snacks as well as free drinks and wine. We love the happy hour since it starts at 4:30 and ends at 8.

depends. it won't work at the Starbucks . and frequently, the machine in the Lounge is down/not working. plus its faster and easier to grab a coffee at any of the venues throughout the ship that offers it rather than schlepping all the way back to the lounge every time.

Is the coffee only available in the morning or can you get it through out the day?

Throughout the day. Most times the coffee machine is available 24 hours, but I've seen some reports of it being closed around 11pm.

We are currently on board Adventure OTS. The Diamond lounge is a joke - it is very small for a full capacity sailing crowd and if you don’t get there by 3:30, you are out of luck for finding a place to stand let alone sit. I don’t know why they won’t move it to another area. Another thing I think is crazy - we can’t get bottled water in our cabin as Diamond, but we can go to the Diamond lounge in the afternoon (only - not morning or daytime) and get bottled water. RCI likes to nickel and dime even their loyalty members

I would check out the coffee machine in the diamond lounge and see if you like what it makes. You can always buy a coffee card once you board if you don't like the coffee from the machine. I have never seen the coffee card for less than $31 in the cruise planner on any of our sailings, so waiting to buy on board is not a big deal.

We just got off Oasis and did not buy a coffee card or a package that includes coffee but we will again in the future as we were not happy with the coffee from the SL and DL machines.