Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
klfhngr

Will the Escape make it back to NY??

Recommended Posts

Next Sunday the 16th??

 

Curious as to why she was sent south knowing that the next cruise is an East Coast cruise! What if she gets stuck behind Florence?!

 

I want to escape from New York next Sunday!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to be dicey.

 

Florence is predicted to stall for a few days upon landfall, and give a hard time to the east half of NC, Virginia nad Maryland, plus NJ, lower NY including NYC, and Conn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with the high winds and high waves, GSC is going to be a missed port of call. They could arrive to Nassau in the afternoon like what they usually do. Then leave nassau a little early to try to beat the storm up the coast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Bermuda’s port still closed? Wonder if there is a chance NCL will resume the original itinerary if Bermuda decides to reopen? Look at the latest NWS chart, Escape’s original route would seem to be in the clear and it’s the new itinerary that is heading into harms way.

 

025002_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What if she gets stuck behind Florence?

Just like the POA two weeks ago, the ship gets in late and the next cruise is delayed. In the case of the POA, she arrive in port a day late and left for her next cruise 2 days late (after overnighting in port for the first day of the cruise).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Norwegian Dawn which is based out of Boston changed it’s itinerary to three ports in Canada and Bar Harbor, Maine this week instead of it regular port of call, Bermuda. The Norwegian Escape is headed south towards it’s first stop, Port Canaveral, Florida followed by Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau. When the Norwegian Escape heads back to New York City Friday afternoon Hurricane Florence will have all ready made landfall in either South Carolina, North Carolina, or Virginia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be no problem going out on time. The storm will be inland by Thursday evening. Ship will simply go out to sea and run up the coast in relatively smooth waters. Personally I wish the storm would stay out at sea, because by Friday morning it is predicted to park right over us and stay for 36 hours dumping over 15 inches of rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...