Billy Bones, Random Wind or Soualiga? Help!

FirstAnthem

They probably met Trevor - who I always thought was a fine captain even though he could and often did come across to some people as a little "gruff." I don't remember where I heard it, but I think Trevor has moved off SXM to another island and has another boat. New primary captain on the new Random Wind is Stefan (I do not know anything about him but I would guess he is a very nice guy) and Anna is hostess - I am sure that if you liked Di as hostess you will like Anna - both are great (even though Diane will have no idea who I am - I am not stupid enough to choose the better hostess between two beautiful women). No idea how often Stefan or Anna would be needing a day off or who fill-ins would be. If you arrange a daysail, you always could ask who will crew boat - really think you would have a great day no matter who is crewing.

They probably met Trevor - who I always thought was a fine captain even though he could and often did come across to some people as a little "gruff." I don't remember where I heard it, but I think Trevor has moved off SXM to another island and has another boat. New primary captain on the new Random Wind is Stefan (I do not know anything about him but I would guess he is a very nice guy) and Anna is hostess - I am sure that if you liked Di as hostess you will like Anna - both are great (even though Diane will have no idea who I am - I am not stupid enough to choose the better hostess between two beautiful women). No idea how often Stefan or Anna would be needing a day off or who fill-ins would be. If you arrange a daysail, you always could ask who will crew boat - really think you would have a great day no matter who is crewing.

You're right. It was Trevor. I didn't mind him. He even let a lady in our party pilot for a while. He did not stay in Maho long enough for my liking. Very little air traffic. He wouldn't wait for it. I hope Diane's new skipper is more accommodating.

We had Stefan and Anna in May of this year. They were both gracious and very accommodating. Anna brought her little dog, Prince, who was a big hit. Sweetest dog I’ve ever met. It was the highlight of our cruise. We may do it again next year.

• 3 months later...

We used Random Wind in August 2018 and had a wonderful time with Stefan, Anna & Kristen, would not hesitate to book them again.

We will be visiting SXM again this February but want to go to Anguilla this time around. Trying to pick between a catamaran or speed boat tour- leaning towards the speed boat as they make more stops on the tour and Billy Bones is one of our options

On 9/9/2018 at 10:16 PM, FirstAnthem said:

Trying to choose a boat charter for our February cruise stop in St Maarten. I’ve read good reviews of all three of these, but they all have some negative reviews as well. Looking for advice to help make our decision! Thank you!

Soualiga, aka Captain Bob is awesome!  We have done his excrusion 3 times and plan on going again in February.  Such a fun day!!

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:16 PM, FirstAnthem said:

Trying to choose a boat charter for our February cruise stop in St Maarten. I’ve read good reviews of all three of these, but they all have some negative reviews as well. Looking for advice to help make our decision! Thank you!

So who did you pick?

10 hours ago, sldbolt06 said:

We loved Random Wind last summer - however, I can’t wait to get back to St. Maarten to spend the day with Captain Stafan with Boomerang SXM.  Check out his website and Facebook page. 

https://www.boomerangsxm.com

Just had a quick look at their page and can't tell from the small pics- but is that Stefan and Kristen from Random Wind? I read a post from Diane on FB where she said the 2 were leaving RW to start their own charter company

49 minutes ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

Just had a quick look at their page and can't tell from the small pics- but is that Stefan and Kristen from Random Wind? I read a post from Diane on FB where she said the 2 were leaving RW to start their own charter company

Yes - they are!!!   It will be a fabulous day with them! 

16 hours ago, mickeyhereicome said:

Did he stop at Maho and did you see planes? Do you remember how many stops?

Hi.  He stops for 2 snorkels and a beach swim.  Also, to watch the planes.  It is a great trip.  We've done it 4 times!  He will keep you away from the crowds.

• Thanks 1

We wre on Random Wind today - February 10, 2019 - on a port of call stop off Grandeur of the Seas.  It was an excellent time with Anna, Luke, and Prince.  There were only 7 passengers but they agreed to go anyway - which we really appreciated.  Great day and highly recommended for a relaxing comfortable day. 

We wre on Random Wind today - February 10, 2019 - on a port of call stop off Grandeur of the Seas.  It was an excellent time with Anna, Luke, and Prince.  There were only 7 passengers but they agreed to go anyway - which we really appreciated.  Great day and highly recommended for a relaxing comfortable day. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 8:27 PM, mickeyhereicome said:

So who did you pick?

We picked Billy Bones because the kids really wanted to go on a speedboat! It was a big hit. But my husband and I have a cruise coming up for just the two of us and we scheduled Random Wind. 

On 2/9/2019 at 7:26 PM, mickeyhereicome said:

Did he stop at Maho and did you see planes? Do you remember how many stops?

I know this is way late, but I did Soualiga last May and he definitely timed it to hit a flight coming in to SXM. I believe he used the FlightRader24 app on his phone (because I was using it at the same time) and knew an AA A319 was coming in from Miami, and we basically gunned it to get there about three minutes before the plane came in. We then zoomed off right after it passed, headed to another beach for 20 minutes or so, and then back to the harbor to end the day. All in all, the whole day excursion (of which what I mentioned was just the last 40 minutes or so) was great.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got off our boat today and did Billy Bones and it was by far the best excursion we've ever done!! We had AJ as our host. We saw so much of the island, snorkeled in two locations where we saw turtles and fish, got in the water at two beautiful beaches, and ate a really good local restaurant. my husband and I agreed we would go back to St. Maarten in a heart beat for this excursion. It is a must do!!!

We are looking at getting out on the water as well in SXM. Do all the catamarans make sure they head to Maho?  No insult meant, but it is just not on our list and would not be a goal for us. Years ago we spent a week in SXM, took a catamaran and it was not part of the itinerary