Carnival Magic, Room above Pig & Anchor, should I move?

jasmine_cruise_yeah

Hi all! I will be on the Magic in a balcony cabin, 7381. When I looked at the deck plan, I noticed the Pig & Anchor restuarant is pretty much directly below us on deck 5. (I know deck 6 separates the two) I was wondering if anyone would recommend moving rooms? It's my understanding that this particular spot is not open for the entire duration of the cruise but I was wondering if it would be better to move across the hall where the room is above what looks to be a promenade? I guess I'm mostly concerned about excess noise, smells or obstructed views. Any advise is appreciated!

We haven't sailed Magic yet, but we did sail Breeze a couple years ago. We had heard that unless you're high up or get a cove balcony, it's not great to have a balcony on this class of ship for that reason. I would move. We had a cove balcony and it was very quiet, shaded, etc. The only negative was that it was mistier that far down and we had a lot of salt water spray during rockier seas. This time around, we're on the Lido (Deck 10), which I think is high enough up that we don't need to worry about the Deck 5 thing.

I think you won't have any problems at all.

On the Dream class ships the only two classes of balconies I would avoid are all of them on deck 6, and cove balconies to the rear of the mid-ship elevators, since they are under the galley.

In my opinion you are in an excellent location.

Happy sailing.

Pig and anchor is only open on embarkation day and the two sea days for a couple hours. I dont think you have much to worry about.

There shouldn't be alot of noise in this area and there will not be any obstructed views. I'm not sure if you will get any bbq or smoker smell.

Pig and Anchor is onnly opened on sea days and will be closed at 2:30

When looking at whole deck plans make sure the elevators are lined up. that cabin is a few cabins away from directly above pig and anchor

We were in that exact room last year. It was not a problem for us. Like others have said, it is only open a few times a cruise. They don't actually cook the barbecue there, it is only served there, so the smell was not really an issue. It was actually fun to watch how long people were willing to line up for horrible barbecue. Any balcony on that floor is going to overlook the extended deck five, so the view is no more obstructed there, than anywhere else on that floor.

Thanks all! I think we'll stick with our cabin (unless I get a good upsell offer). I hadn't thought about the smoking section so double thanks for that! It sounds like I might enjoy this more than my last balcony... I loved it out there but always felt like I was missing out on some good people watching!