Embarkation Day - getting off ship after you have boarded

The 4 of Us

For an upcoming cruise on the Harmony out of Fort Lauderdale, we expect to get to the ship and board earlier than my parents. They will be arriving later and my mom is renting a scooter that she is picking up in the terminal since she has difficulty walking long distances. We don't want to wait to board until they arrive since I want to be able to get our dinner reservations set after boarding early. Would we be able to disembark when my parents arrive to help them with getting on the ship? I am sure they can do it by themselves but I know it makes they more comfortable to have us there to assist them if needed. Has anyone disembarked after boarding? Any issues with getting off and getting back on?

Thanks!

I understand why your parents would be more comfortable with you helping but I would just let staff help your parents.Have your mom get wheel chair assistance. The staff will take your parents from out side the terminal right onto the ship, much quicker than you would be able to. As your mom can't walk very far, doing this makes more sense to me as there is a lot of walking/standing during the check in procedure