Thoughts on Carnival Horizon

kaseyj79

I'm due to set sale on my first cruise on Sept 30, and the Horizon reviews are starting to worry me. Does anyone have any advice on what to expect? Also is it really that bad? It's a brand new ship so I am shocked to see so many things this early on.

We sail in November, and I am not worried. You can have 10 people on a cruise and get 10 different replies for the same cruise, from great to horrible. Some are too picky, and others are so happy to be on vacation to care about little things. Go and enjoy.

Im booked on the Vista which I hear is simlar to horizon, though I have not been on either.

this is cruise CRITIC and i think anything new with a fee upsets people. I was surprised at the negative nancys on this site regarding Vista, but my pvp has me convinced it won some flagship award and that the reviews are not as negative as this site would have you believe.

My roll call has a video the truth about Vista that 50% of the restaurants are for fee, but i think thats exaggerated and two of them are free for lunch.

Are the comedy club lounges too small ... probably.

A lot of people in CC prefer the older smaller Fantasy class.

I doubt its going to be perfect, but I think Im going to enjoy my cruise :)

Dont let them convince you the ship is bad. Im convinced a lot of cruisers just dont want to spend any extra money or walk very far. Im a good walker and plenty of free stuff I love.

And for sure Im doing the aeriel bike

I think its about attitude. I dont mind the extra size or walking so for me I am sure this will be fun.

I'm due to set sale on my first cruise on Sept 30, and the Horizon reviews are starting to worry me. Does anyone have any advice on what to expect? Also is it really that bad? It's a brand new ship so I am shocked to see so many things this early on.

Go and form your own opinion.

If you are going to see any shows get there early so you're not sitting behind a pole and you should be fine.

Enjoy your cruise[emoji1]

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

You are going to be on a cruise! It’s a new ship, how can you go wrong? Our first cruise was on The Dream a few months after it set sail. It hooked me for cruising, as I wasn’t sure I’d like it. Make of it what you want, and don’t listen to the grumpy people who can be miserable on a vacation.

I was on the third sailing of Horizon out of Barcelona and had a blast. The ship has everything you need to have fun. There is an activity that will appeal to someone every waking hour. So what they charge for some dining rooms? If you want steak, you need to pay for steak. If you want a lobster roll, there is a charge.

Seating is first come, first served for the showrooms. So get there early to avoid being behind a pillar.

The service from the crew is first rate, your every whim is fulfilled.

Some ports can be a challenge for even the most seasoned mariners when sailing a ship the size of Horizon. We slipped in and out of those tiny European ports as if the ship were resting on a cloud.

My only complaint is that I booked a seven day, instead of ten.

Go and form your own opinion.

The rules on here are ...... Guess it depend on who says what..... :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Originally posted by kaseyj79 I'm due to set sale on my first cruise on Sept 30, and the Horizon reviews are starting to worry me. Does anyone have any advice on what to expect? Also is it really that bad? It's a brand new ship so I am shocked to see so many things this early on.

We were on a June sailing and loved it. Yes, the seating for the shows can be problematic, even if you get there early but the shows were excellent. If you like cake, they had great (included in the fare) cakes at the lunch buffet. I mean...really great.

Food is subjective. Carnival doesn't have "the best", but nobody starves.

There’s a live review of the Horizon that’s being posted (cruiser board the ship tomorrow) that should be an interesting read for you.

We are scheduled to cruise on the Horizon October 6, so I’ve been looking at all of these reviews too.

"LIVE" from Carnival Horizon September 13, 2018

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2678350

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Vista and Horizon are now my fav class Carnival ship. Long comedy club wait lines and main theater poles are found on almost every Carnival ship.

The atriums have a fantastic, modern look and LED displays are awesome. Some people just don't like change and are more comfortable with Carnival's Farkus' decor, some of which I find hideous.

Go and enjoy, make up your own mind, it's your cruise, not the critics'.

I'll be on that cruise as well! Honestly the last few vacations we've been on have been land based. I felt cruised out. And then had our vacation planned for Siesta Key and red tide is going on there at the moment. So I decided to eat that deposit and find something else and settled on this cruise, since it fit our schedule. I've been to all the ports before and honestly might not get off the ship. Not that the ports are bad, we just spent more and booked in the Havana, so that will probably be our priority.

Here is everything tagged as horizon on the forums, check out the post called Horizon Tips, should be at the top of the list. Some really good stuff in there. I'd give you my personal tips, but everyone has a different preference and style. I prefer to relax and read most of my cruise. Others like to party and mingle. Others like all the shows. But a ship this size, really does have something for everyone. Please reach out if you have any questions.

We took the TA from Barcelona to NY in May. Have been on over 40 cruises & this was one of our favorites! The shows were outstanding but to be honest the show lounge could have been better. Yesterday we booked the Vista! Have fun!

I'm on Horizon on October 6th, and I'm sure I'll have a great time. I've read about 100 cruisecritic reviews, and the common complaints are regarding the sizes of the comedy club and main theater and the elevators. You can mitigate the theaters by arriving early and the elevators by taking the stairs to the extent possible. I do wish the theaters were larger, as I like to do a lot of activities, and sitting in a room for 30 or so minutes doing nothing isn't the best use of my vacation time, but it won't ruin the trip for me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

The Horizon is a beautiful ship with so many fun things to do. The food was great-the cakes served on Lido at lunch will blow you away. We basically loved every minute of our cruise. We sailed in June, have sailed 21 Carnival cruises, and this cruise ranked as one of our 3 top favorite cruises. You are sailing on September 30-please please please stop reading Horizon reviews and comments because these are all taking away the fun of your cruise countdown! You will have a wonderful time!