Carrying Soda and Water

Lakers1041

We are sailing on the Harmony, would we have Dasani water? We are from the West Coast, Vancouver, British Columbia and we are so lucky to have the water that we have. Just don’t like the taste of any other water. The only water that comes close is Aquafina and Dasani.

We might have a problem😂 we drink a lot of water.

I've not seen either of those onboard.

I wonder what are they doing with the water in a checked out bag.

Also I don’t even know how they are able to control the 2 bottle of wine rule for staterooms if people simply go trough security using 2 different lines.

Once, at terminal 18 in Port Everglades, I saw them sending everyone who had wine over to a desk where the number of bottles and stateroom number were being recorded. Saw this at another port too, but can't remember which.

I wonder what are they doing with the water in a checked out bag.

Also I don’t even know how they are able to control the 2 bottle of wine rule for staterooms if people simply go trough security using 2 different lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the rule says it must be carried on and someone decides to put it in checked bags, they can simply treat it as alcohol, make you go to the naughty room and dispose of it. Pretty simple for checking carry on wine, etc. Anyone carrying on wine or soda or water could be made to go through one security line where someone with a check list could check off cabin numbers. Not exactly rocket science. If they tire of blatant abuse, there are ways to stop it.

We sailed from Southampton on the 31st August on Independence.

We took with us 2 bottles of wine, 12 bottles of water and a pack of 8 cans of fever tree tonic. No one looked at them or questioned us or anything. They were in hand luggage.

In my experience, cruises from other than the USA are a bit different. For instance, while on a "Med cruise" a few years ago, we bought wine on shore a couple of times and carried it back through the security line on the ship. I'm talking a bottle of wine maybe every three days.....trying to bring on several bottle would probably be treated differently. I doubt that would have been allowed on a cruise originating in the USA.

Doug