Need Help QUICK, we sail on Sunday!

klfhngr

Honest opinion: We're currently in an angled balcony room. I bid $200 to get upgraded to a SPA Mini Suite. Is it worth it? Or should I keep what we have? I enjoy the balcony, wife so-so. She does enjoy spa stuff, me so-so....

SO?! lol!? Help please... wondering if $200 is worth it.

Honest opinion: We're currently in an angled balcony room. I bid $200 to get upgraded to a SPA Mini Suite. Is it worth it? Or should I keep what we have? I enjoy the balcony, wife so-so. She does enjoy spa stuff, me so-so....

Pro tip: Get a definitive answer from your wife. Do what she wants. Simple.

if escape is same as breakaway read on. if not. just stop now.

i was in haven spa suite. i loved it. the thermal spa was really really nice. i believe a mini has a tub and i do prefer standing in that for a shower. but im sure the balcony size is smaller than the angled. i had an angled on deck 15 next trip and it was very nice though. tough call. standard balcony means your knees are against the wall when you sit almost. not fun

personally 200 for for the spa sounds good, it think it costs more than that. so financially you are getting a deal. im' not a spa guy but its really nice and relaxing. the pool is heated so you can go in all the time, even during bad weather when the level goes from your chin down to your knees. pretty wild. thermal loungers i never tried, always reserved with towel hogs.

bathroom facilities looked very clean too.

If you win, you are trading the larger angle balcony for a larger bathroom (double sink and full size shower). The room size of a mini is exactly the same.

Dollar wise, it is the same. The Spa pass now will cost you $200 each (same as your bid).

If you like balcony time, the room you have now is much better than the mini. And you can live without the spa, so you have $400 to spend on the ship.

I can't help myself...:D

Standard balcony on Escape is deeper than on BA/GA. No knees against the glass.

i researched before i got to the ship but it is sad that one could spend what i did for haven and get the same size balcony as the normal balcony. they messed up there.

my Regal Princess balcony room was standard and bigger...and cheaper and i heard on older ships they are ginormous even on regular cabins.

oh the spa did have 3 drinks on hand too. i think plain water. flavor and something else. in dispensers you pour . also the view over the bridge was very cool.

Ah man! My wife is flexible.. She's open to whatever.. Our bid is 100 pp.. so no guarantee that we'll get it, but many cancelled because of Florence..

UGH, you guys aren't helping, lol/jk!!!!

Maybe I'll wait till end of day, if we get it, great, if not, I'll cancel bid! IDK!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Indecisive

You can fit a lounger on the Angled Balcony on the Escape. That is my preference....but I am not a Spa person like OP's wife is.

Yes, the angled balcony is larger but the OP isn't thrilled with the overhang from deck 16. If the bid wins, the newer but smaller balcony probably won't have as large of an overhang.

There are positives with staying (larger balcony) and there are positives with a winning bid (spa access). There's really no bad outcome in this case. Wife will get SPA access one way or another. :D

Yes, the angled balcony is larger but the OP isn't thrilled with the overhang from deck 16. If the bid wins, the newer but smaller balcony probably won't have as large of an overhang.

There are positives with staying (larger balcony) and there are positives with a winning bid (spa access). There's really no bad outcome in this case. Wife will get SPA access one way or another. :D

Good points! Wife probably won't pay for the spa if we don't win the bid.. at least that's what she says NOW! :)

If it were me and only one of us was really interested in the spa, I would keep my angled balcony and just pay for the spa pass for the one of us outright. I don't think it's worth giving up an angled balcony for a spa pass one of you won't use.

Very logical Jamie! ;) I think we'll do that! Thanks!

Having an angled balcony would be pretty nice but my wife and I upgraded to the spa mini-suite on the Escape at the end of August and for us it was completely worth it. I didn't think I would be a big spa guy but it was so relaxing. Being able to get away from the crowds or head into the thermal pool after a long day of excursions was really nice. Spoiled us, because now I'll always have to have a thermal spa pass, if one is on board!

This is a very easy one. The answer is in the price. Considering everyone who wants an in demand spa pass will pay $200 EACH for the week, the $200 for the upgrade is definitely worth it. Its like getting one free spa pass in addition to a bigger bed and better bathroom.

Happiness, can you elaborate?

David, I didn't know about the bigger bed!

Yoohoo, you have me re-thinking this!!

My concern is losing the angled balcony.. but then, I keep thinking how nice the spa would be. The other problem: We're going with friends who have NO spa access. I'm not sure if I would want to 'ditch' them! UGH!

Happiness, can you elaborate?

David, I didn't know about the bigger bed!

Yoohoo, you have me re-thinking this!!

My concern is losing the angled balcony.. but then, I keep thinking how nice the spa would be. The other problem: We're going with friends who have NO spa access. I'm not sure if I would want to 'ditch' them! UGH!

Someone can confirm but I swear I read once what the difference was between a balcony and mini-suite. Someone said a balcony has a queen bed and mini suite King bed. Maybe someone can confirm who stayed in once.

Someone can confirm but I swear I read once what the difference was between a balcony and mini-suite. Someone said a balcony has a queen bed and mini suite King bed. Maybe someone can confirm who stayed in once.

The bed we had in the mini-suite on the Escape was definitely bigger than the bed we had in a regular balcony cabin on the Gem. I'm not sure if that's because of the ship or the cabin difference. The bathroom in the mini-suite is also larger, bigger shower and a double sink. Sink was kind of pointless but having the bigger shower was nice.

What difference does it make what anyone else's opinion is? If you and you cabin mate think it is worth it go for it, otherwise stay where you are!

Asking for someone that has past experience in staying in both.. and opinions.. why dies it matter?!