Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
KTMay1917

Upsell Offer Last Night

Going on our first Carnival sailing in early November on the Magic. Got an email/call from the upsell fairy last night. We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 7yo & 4yo) currently booked in a deck 10/Lido balcony cabin.

The offer was to move to an ocean suite down on deck 7 for a total of $460. I declined the offer. The larger room/balcony was certainly attractive but that "special" rate was pretty much what rack rate was back when I originally booked our cruise. In addition, we feel the Lido deck location is superb as well. I had looked at suites at that time.

On a positive note...I woke up this morning and did my daily check to see if Faster to the Fun was available again (been showing sold out on our sailing for a while) and sure enough it was! Snagged FTTF and we will keep our Lido balcony!

Going on our first Carnival sailing in early November on the Magic. Got an email/call from the upsell fairy last night. We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 7yo & 4yo) currently booked in a deck 10/Lido balcony cabin.

The offer was to move to an ocean suite down on deck 7 for a total of $460. I declined the offer. The larger room/balcony was certainly attractive but that "special" rate was pretty much what rack rate was back when I originally booked our cruise. In addition, we feel the Lido deck location is superb as well. I had looked at suites at that time.

On a positive note...I woke up this morning and did my daily check to see if Faster to the Fun was available again (been showing sold out on our sailing for a while) and sure enough it was! Snagged FTTF and we will keep our Lido balcony!

Congrats on snagging FTTF!

Take good care of Magic. We'll be on her the end of November!

Good for you for remembering what the rack rate was and knowing this was no bargain. Enjoy FTTF, we always did when we purchased it, especially tendering to shore. Have fun :)