At home but should be on Empress..

Hardnas

So I had to cancel my Cuba cruise the day of cruise on the Empress (cruise would end today) and I know I don’t get my money back. However I asked for my drink package to be refunded but they said they don’t refund drink packages. Wondering if anyone has been successful at getting their money back for the package? Also, since I paid for the cruise do I still earn my C&A points for it? 🙏

Thanks!

So I had to cancel my Cuba cruise the day of cruise on the Empress (cruise would end today) and I know I don’t get my money back. However I asked for my drink package to be refunded but they said they don’t refund drink packages. Wondering if anyone has been successful at getting their money back for the package? Also, since I paid for the cruise do I still earn my C&A points for it? 🙏

Thanks!

They will refund your taxes and anything you purchased pre-cruise.

No points unless you cruise.

So I had to cancel my Cuba cruise the day of cruise on the Empress (cruise would end today) and I know I don’t get my money back. However I asked for my drink package to be refunded but they said they don’t refund drink packages. Wondering if anyone has been successful at getting their money back for the package? Also, since I paid for the cruise do I still earn my C&A points for it? [emoji120]

Thanks!

Any pre cruise purchases are refunded to the original form of payment. If OBC was used to purchase it then you will lose it.

You must sail to get the points so no points.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

No travel insurance- but not likely a qualified reason to cancel anyways. DD has mental health issues and she wasn’t doing well so we cut our losses and came home from Miami. I am fine with no refund on the cruise but thought drink package should be refunded at least but they said no refund on it. Only taxes could be refunded as per above answer.

No travel insurance- but not likely a qualified reason to cancel anyways. DD has mental health issues and she wasn’t doing well so we cut our losses and came home from Miami. I am fine with no refund on the cruise but thought drink package should be refunded at least but they said no refund on it. Only taxes could be refunded as per above answer.

If you purchased a drink package (or excursion, specialty dining, etc.), and used a credit card. you will get a full refund back to the credit card. Someone gave you bogus info about no refund for the drink package.

Just want to send positive thoughts to you as I was in a similar situation earlier this year. Had to cancel a cruise last minute due to serious mental health issues with a family member. At the time I was obviously disappointed about the cruise but it was a no brainier. Hope your DD is doing better.

There have been a few reports here where the cruise line gave a future credit without insurance. One case in particular the family missed the ship. Someone may recall the family who flew into Orlando to go to Disney. The next day they were driving to FT Lauderdale or Miami. On the road they encountered traffic and had to stop because the baby had an accident in the car. They missed the ship.

Royal provided a future credit without insurance. It does not happen often and only on rare occasions.

Wishing you all the best with your daughter.

Edited by Tee & Chilli

Also check to see if your credit card includes an insurance benefit. We had to cancel a cruise last year the day before sailing, and hadn't purchased trip insurance. Then I remembered my Citi card has a trip insurance benefit. We had to send in a letter from a physician, but within 30 days, we got a full refund.

Why is it people don't purchase trip insurance, especially when they are aware of known liabilities in their family situation ?

Why is it that people have to "kick others while they are down" by scolding them about something that is currently irrelevant to them. They don't have insurance, so this post is absolutely doing nothing to help them, it seems designed only to let you appear smug.

I don't see why travel insurance wouldn't provide coverage, a mental health issue is still a health issue. Anyway, I hope she is doing better and I really hope Royal comes through on the refund of the beverage package.

Why is it people don't purchase trip insurance, especially when they are aware of known liabilities in their family situation ?

The OP chose not to insure and is not asking for anything they are not entitled to. What I don't get is why you have an issue with that.

The OP chose not to insure and is not asking for anything they are not entitled to. What I don't get is why you have an issue with that.

It would be different if the OP were complaining but they're not. People self insure all the time. It's their money.

They will refund your taxes and anything you purchased pre-cruise.

No points unless you cruise.

Thanks I did call back and the first agent was misinformed. I got my taxes back (wasn’t expecting) and my drink package monies back. I am a happy camper now!

Just to be clear. I was not asking nor expecting a refund back for the cruise. My choice NOT to get insurance and I am okay with that. I was only seeking my drink package to be refunded, which in the end it was.

Everyone has to decide for themselves if they want insurance or not. For this cruise I opted not to as it was a fairly inexpensive cruise and on the off chance (as was the case) that I couldn’t make the cruise I was fine being out the money for my husband and I. This may not be something others want to gamble with and that is fine too!

Already booked a new cruise! And probably won’t insure it either. However this time I am brining my DD.

Just to be clear. I was not asking nor expecting a refund back for the cruise. My choice NOT to get insurance and I am okay with that. I was only seeking my drink package to be refunded, which in the end it was.

Everyone has to decide for themselves if they want insurance or not. For this cruise I opted not to as it was a fairly inexpensive cruise and on the off chance (as was the case) that I couldn’t make the cruise I was fine being out the money for my husband and I. This may not be something others want to gamble with and that is fine too!

Already booked a new cruise! And probably won’t insure it either. However this time I am brining my DD. ��

Thanks for your update. Of course deciding to not have insurance is a personal decision but with even a routine medevac costing $25k or more I personally feel that is worth insuring. For our cruise in April it cost us $100 for two and it covers us against many eventualities.

Thanks for your update. Of course deciding to not have insurance is a personal decision but with even a routine medevac costing $25k or more I personally feel that is worth insuring. For our cruise in April it cost us $100 for two and it covers us against many eventualities.

I have travel medical insurance - ALWAYS.. just not trip cancellation insurance.