Oosterdam Spa and Laundry Packages Costs, 12 Day Cruise

camel

Just back from 12 day Med Cruise from Venice to Barcelona -- wonderful cruise :).

We purchased the greenhouse thermal spa package for $369.00 for 12 days. The thermal spa includes a large whirlpool, ceramic heated beds, and two saunas. We found it was not too crowded, and it was definitely relaxing and a great way to end the day after touring.

We also purchased the unlimited laundry package for $108.00 for 12 days. The service was prompt, and everything came back beautifully wrapped in a laundry basket or on hangers. Since we travel with only carry on luggage, the laundry package was a great value for us!

Hope this is helpful,

Joy

Just back from 12 day Med Cruise from Venice to Barcelona -- wonderful cruise :).

We purchased the greenhouse thermal spa package for $369.00 for 12 days. The thermal spa includes a large whirlpool, ceramic heated beds, and two saunas. We found it was not too crowded, and it was definitely relaxing and a great way to end the day after touring.

We also purchased the unlimited laundry package for $108.00 for 12 days. The service was prompt, and everything came back beautifully wrapped in a laundry basket or on hangers. Since we travel with only carry on luggage, the laundry package was a great value for us!

Hope this is helpful,

Joy

Your laundry package prices agree perfectly to HAL's standard price structure, $7 per day for North America, and $9 per day for Europe. For the life of me I can't understand why it costs more to wash clothes on a ship when it is in European waters. Same labor, same water, same soap.

I have heard that if you call Ship's Services prior you a European cruise and order the unlimited laundry package, it is $7 per day for Europe, not $9. It's worth a try.

Also, the unlimited package is for the whole cabin, not each person in the cabin.

Would love to know more about the ship! We will be sailing at the end of November. We are booked in the signature suite and I keep hearing that the air-conditioner is broken. Do you have any feedback about this? And what did you think of the renovations? Did the ship look good?[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would love to know more about the ship! We will be sailing at the end of November. We are booked in the signature suite and I keep hearing that the air-conditioner is broken. Do you have any feedback about this? And what did you think of the renovations? Did the ship look good?[emoji41]

I was on the same Venice - Barcelona cruise on the Oosterdam. We were in a Signature Suite and the A/C worked great. The cabin was a perfect size and well maintained. Overall we thought the ship looked great. We didn’t do the unlimited laundry service, but we did do the flat rate $30 per laundry bag. It’s amazing how much you can get into that laundry bag when you really try! [emoji23][emoji23]

• 3 weeks later...

Hope this is helpful,

Joy

Hi Joy,

We're doing this exact cruise starting this Saturday. Can you confirm if the $369 was per person, or for two of you?

Thanks.

We will be sailing at the end of November. We are booked in the signature suite and I keep hearing that the air-conditioner is broken. Do you have any feedback about this?

As the Oosterdam has approximately 100 Signature Suites across 3 different decks it's a pretty broad statement to say across the board that you are hearing that the "aircon is broken" It is more likely that a small group of rooms in a specific location have had some aircon issues that may have been resolved well before you embark.. These things can change from cruise to cruise depending on supply of repair parts from manufacturer and if someone is leaving cabin door tied open affecting aircon, etc