Barcelona restaurants

hrmkr

Hello everyone,

We will be flying into Barcelona fro our cruise in 2 weeks . Post-cruise, we are staying for 3 additional days. Looking for some suggestions from people that have recently been in Barcelona on good restaurants to try. I have looked on the boards already and wanted to find some more current suggestions.

Thanks for your help

We were in Barcelona Sept 2017 and had dinner at 9 Nine. It was fantastic but you need a reservation.

We are currently on a cruise and have a res for lunch at Can Majo. I received goof feedback on TA about it. Will try to report back.

We had lunch yesterday at Can Majo. We already knew their paella was a house speciality so 3 of us had that. Waiter suggested the fish John Dory to the 4th person. When asked what that was or how it was prepared he was unable to explain, but we ordered it. Was not impressed with the paella but maybe that’s due to living in Miami many years? Did not taste the fish but it looked quite bland. Expensive for what you get. Honestly, can’t recommend.

But again, loved 9 Nine for dinner last year.

• 3 months later...

There are literally a million good places

I have eaten at Bar Morrysom mentioned in DDD is very good - recommend for lunch or late night snack, no reservation

I have eaten at La Nacional - kind of an exotic food court in Eixample

With Spouse - ate at Tapeo amb Daniel Rueda near Picasso Museum - excellent hot Tapas, small, must make reservation - go early. Also has place in Eixample

Pla de La Garza - off beaten track family restaurant in Born

Bar del Pla near "la Garza"  - very small place, try early eve rather than late - no reservations

Can Pescallunes - also a family restaurant - off beaten track - we went early

Many tapas restaurant on Carrer de Blai (Blai 9) - late

Fancier - place like La Fonda, Altea Mare - we ate at the latter - views and seafood

We loved Elza Y Fred so much when we were in Barcelona last May on a land trip, we went back when we were there as a port call in November.  While their fixed price ($12 euro?) lunch was fine, we really think that making a meal out of a selection of their tapas is the way to go.  And if you like octopus, you MUST have it here....better than any we have ever had even in Portugal!

On 1/12/2019 at 10:17 PM, lamchops said:

TY I will watch them and then google the places/reviews

On 1/13/2019 at 7:41 AM, ANNA40 said:

Maybe "La Lluna". Near Las Ramblas and Plaça Catalunya. Good food and daily menú. Santa Anna Street 20. Lallunarestaurant.com

TY I looked it up-- and will tag it --  

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 12:06 PM, grnrab said:

There are literally a million good places

I have eaten at Bar Morrysom mentioned in DDD is very good - recommend for lunch or late night snack, no reservation

I have eaten at La Nacional - kind of an exotic food court in Eixample

With Spouse - ate at Tapeo amb Daniel Rueda near Picasso Museum - excellent hot Tapas, small, must make reservation - go early. Also has place in Eixample

Pla de La Garza - off beaten track family restaurant in Born

Bar del Pla near "la Garza - very small place, try early eve rather than late - no reservations

Can Pescallunes - also a family restaurant - off beaten track - we went early

Many tapas restaurant on Carrer de Blai (Blai 9) - late

Fancier - place like La Fonda, Altea Mare - we ate at the latter - views and seafood

TY for your favs. 

I realize it sounds simpleton to ask

--yet google maps zooming in--shows restaurants with many bad reviews AND I ry and search based on our hotel.... fo not every great place is walkable.

Issue is how many places get mixed reviews and I wonder if there are fake reviews by rival places. Just like Tripreview had a HUGE review thread about a covered space for grocery carts at an UK grocery store had to be shut down... I want to see what CCers say

I have LOTS of experience living abroad and near/in big cities... AND know the best referral is from a BFF...

Edited by Fogfog

3 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

We loved Elza Y Fred so much when we were in Barcelona last May on a land trip, we went back when we were there as a port call in November.  While their fixed price ($12 euro?) lunch was fine, we really think that making a meal out of a selection of their tapas is the way to go.  And if you like octopus, you MUST have it here....better than any we have ever had even in Portugal!

TY

I tagged this. Looks ike a lovely place worth patronizing

If we are nearby or can work it out.. it is certainly on the list

TY for your advice. Love a family owned/operated place. Prefer small biz owners for sure!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

TY

I tagged this. Looks ike a lovely place worth patronizing

If we are nearby or can work it out.. it is certainly on the list

TY for your advice. Love a family owned/operated place. Prefer small biz owners for sure!

WELcome!  Just paying it forward. I suggest you make reservations unless you want to sit at the bar. It’s a small place and very popular!

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

WELcome!  Just paying it forward. I suggest you make reservations unless you want to sit at the bar. It’s a small place and very popular!

Looks great. LOved the pics of the fam

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 8:17 PM, lamchops said:

I see a Can Conessa and a Can Vilaro on these links, are they at all related to the Can Vador near NH Constanza? I will be staying there and was looking for recommended restaurants in the area. Or does the "Can" just mean something and they aren't related?

3 hours ago, NayaSantaFe said:

I see a Can Conessa and a Can Vilaro on these links, are they at all related to the Can Vador near NH Constanza? I will be staying there and was looking for recommended restaurants in the area. Or does the "Can" just mean something and they aren't related?

They are not related. They were 2 separate restaurants on 2 different episodes.