B2B Pros and Cons

Momma Rene

Hi -- We don't enjoy seven night cruises and often look for longer cruises. However, it seems a lot of the cruises to the Caribbean are for seven nights. There are longer cruises, but we really wanted at least 14 days. We are thinking of doing a B2B, however, we have never done that before and I was wondering about the pros and cons of the voyage.

Best pro - you get to keep on sailing

Worst con - IMHO, not a regular port of call day or quasi sea day. Mornings would seem a little odd to me and once boarding starts, it is crowded around elevators and at lunch in OVC.

I have wanted to try an B2B and if I ever do one, would want different itineraries (for at least some ports of call) on each side.

I have thought of panama canal (westward) then alaska. Not sure they still are doing them.

Best pro - you get to keep on sailing

Worst con - IMHO, not a regular port of call day or quasi sea day. Mornings would seem a little odd to me and once boarding starts, it is crowded around elevators and at lunch in OVC.

I have wanted to try an B2B and if I ever do one, would want different itineraries (for at least some ports of call) on each side.

I have thought of panama canal (westward) then alaska. Not sure they still are doing them.

Celebrity and RC have plenty of Caribbean cruise itineraries that you can make a B2B cruises from and not repeat ports.

Ok, I have one downer on a B2b. We have a sky suite booked on the first leg, and a C2 cabin on the second leg. We would have switched but the suite was too expensive for our second leg.

Rollie

Yes, we've moved from a Suite to an Aqua on several occasions and it's a bit painful. I would always prefer to have the lower class cabin first and move to the better cabin on the second leg. Something to look forward to.

In December we will do aB2B in aqua. I had been tracking cabin availability trying to get the two cabins close to each other so we would have the same steward. I finally succeeded so now there is only one cabin between us. I think it took three different moves

Yes, we've moved from a Suite to an Aqua on several occasions and it's a bit painful. I would always prefer to have the lower class cabin first and move to the better cabin on the second leg. Something to look forward to.

In December we will do aB2B in aqua. I had been tracking cabin availability trying to get the two cabins close to each other so we would have the same steward. I finally succeeded so now there is only one cabin between us. I think it took three different moves

I agree. We like the lesser cabin first- and the Suite second. We are doing a CC on the Edge and the following week a Crown loft suite on the Harmony. The edge pricing, New Years week was insane.

I agree. We like the lesser cabin first- and the Suite second. We are doing a CC on the Edge and the following week a Crown loft suite on the Harmony. The edge pricing, New Years week was insane.

I think the Harmony will be a let down (lesser ship) for the 2nd week of a B2B. I guess we will all find out soon enough if the Edge hype is justified. I look forward to hearing back from you and your comparisons.

I think the Harmony will be a let down (lesser ship) for the 2nd week of a B2B. I guess we will all find out soon enough if the Edge hype is justified. I look forward to hearing back from you and your comparisons.

Have been on Harmony and loved it- so the Edge has to be excellent- unfortunately I will also not be in a suite in December on the Edge and not able to compare suite benefits-including luminae and Michael's club the two things I enjoy the most on Celebrity. We will however be in a suite on the Edge March 2020, so that will allow me to compare apples to apples.

With such high expectations about the edge, I hope it doesn't disappoint. I really enjoy the S class ships, especially the Silhouette and Reflection.

Have been on Harmony and loved it- so the Edge has to be excellent- unfortunately I will also not be in a suite in December on the Edge and not able to compare suite benefits-including luminae and Michael's club the two things I enjoy the most on Celebrity. We will however be in a suite on the Edge March 2020, so that will allow me to compare apples to apples.

With such high expectations about the edge, I hope it doesn't disappoint. I really enjoy the S class ships, especially the Silhouette and Reflection.

We loved the CA Kitchen and the old Crown Location for the suite guests... Very nice to watch the sunset with an adult beverage and then wander over to the CA Kitchen for a nice dinner.

We will be doing the Reflection B2B this Christmas and New Years. Maybe... just maybe the Edge next year? Or, maybe the Revolutionized Equionix? The cost of the Edge is still pretty pricey in 2019 too.

Prefer longer cruises to avoid the turnaround day craziness, and the repeat of many of the shows but other than that have no issues at all with B2B. We try to find ones that have different itineraries on each leg but in Alaska in particular we have done the exact same itineraries to and from Seward and thoroughly enjoyed them. It is a good feeling on t:halo:he last night of the first leg when everyone else is packing and you know you have a whole other cruise to look forward to!

Hi -- We don't enjoy seven night cruises and often look for longer cruises. However, it seems a lot of the cruises to the Caribbean are for seven nights. There are longer cruises, but we really wanted at least 14 days. We are thinking of doing a B2B, however, we have never done that before and I was wondering about the pros and cons of the voyage.

I don't think anyone has mentioned what for me is the very best part of a B2B..the fact that:

• the oaf whose laser focus on the dessert/pizza/grill/bar area of the buffet nearly got me killed in an OVC collision
  • the chair hog who apparently packed old issues of the National Enquirer solely to use for "saving" loungers
  • the overly perfumed elevator person
  • the children who are each louder than my nieces and nephews combined
  • the "Evening Chic" over/under dressers
  • the worst offending trivia cheaters

ALL finally leave my ship after the first week....

unfortunately, as luck would have it, their cousins often board on turnaround day....

I don't think anyone has mentioned what for me is the very best part of a B2B..the fact that:

• the oaf whose laser focus on the dessert/pizza/grill/bar area of the buffet nearly got me killed in an OVC collision
  • the chair hog who apparently packed old issues of the National Enquirer solely to use for "saving" loungers
  • the overly perfumed elevator person
  • the children who are each louder than my nieces and nephews combined
  • the "Evening Chic" over/under dressers
  • the worst offending trivia cheaters

ALL finally leave my ship after the first week....

unfortunately, as luck would have it, their cousins often board on turnaround day....

Perhaps the people on your list above aren't in fact passengers who are disembarking, but instead are part of the entertainment staff?

We have a sky suite on deck 12 on the first leg, and a C2 cabin 3 doors away on the 2nd leg. It should be a painless move.

Thanks EDWARD51......taken many Celebrity cruises, but didn't know about the B2B discount. Solstice B2B starting Oct 29th & Nov 8th...requested my TA get the discount for me & 1 day later, she told me I got a $200 credit on my credit card.

Thanks EDWARD51......taken many Celebrity cruises, but didn't know about the B2B discount. Solstice B2B starting Oct 29th & Nov 8th...requested my TA get the discount for me & 1 day later, she told me I got a $200 credit on my credit card.

You are welcome.

It is easy to miss because Celebrity willl not apply the $200 unless you ask.

The B2B discount seems to vary. We have two B2B’s booked. The 7 day is $60 per cabin and the 10 day is $120 per cabin, applied as a credit on the invoice, not a refund.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All of our B2B cruises we have always received a $50.00 discount per leg.

We just came home from a B2B on another cruise line, first week New England and second week Bermuda. Obviously, the itinerary was drastically different, but the shipboard life wasn't.

In addition to the same menu, we had the same production shows, same band, same vocal duo, same piano players, same guitar player, and the same type of entertainers. Both weeks we had a hypnotist and a comedian, although not the same ones. They also repeated one comedian and the Beatles Tribute group. The onboard activities were virtually the same....same trivia games with the same questions and the same passenger participation activities. The only thing that was really different was the passenger demographic, but at times it still felt like a "Groundhog Day" experience. I have to say that at the end of the second week, I was more than ready to go home.

We have taken other B2B cruises with more variety which we enjoyed, but all things considered, I'd rather have a 14-day itinerary than two 7-day back to backs.

We just came home from a B2B on another cruise line, first week New England and second week Bermuda. Obviously, the itinerary was drastically different, but the shipboard life wasn't.

In addition to the same menu, we had the same production shows, same band, same vocal duo, same piano players, same guitar player, and the same type of entertainers. Both weeks we had a hypnotist and a comedian, although not the same ones. They also repeated one comedian and the Beatles Tribute group. The onboard activities were virtually the same....same trivia games with the same questions and the same passenger participation activities. The only thing that was really different was the passenger demographic, but at times it still felt like a "Groundhog Day" experience. I have to say that at the end of the second week, I was more than ready to go home.

We have taken other B2B cruises with more variety which we enjoyed, but all things considered, I'd rather have a 14-day itinerary than two 7-day back to backs.

Sounds like you did the Adventure or possibly the Summit. I think if you do a newer larger ship,your experience would have been different The larger newer ships have many more dining and entertainment options.

We also enjoy a longer cruise like we did on the Eclipse. Or taking one ship week one, then for week two going on another. Easy to do in florida, not so easy from NY -NJ. However you did enjoy varied ports.

We have done two B2B cruises, one pair on Infinity and the other on NCL. The Infinity included a British Isles cruise and a Transatlantic. The NCL cruise was a total of 28 days and included Norway, Shetland Islands, Iceland and some ports in the British Isles then a Transatlantic home.

We like Transatlantics, since they are cheaper cruises. Also, price bundling is not required, since we don't want the drinks packages.

Further, you save $$ on not paying for the flight.

Being on the ship for four weeks is not a problem. For the TA cruises, I take books to read. We now like to fly to Europe, do our touring then take a TA home when you can relax after the touring.

My very subjective opinion is the Con of same menus, and same entertainment is a stretch.

The menus change each meal and have 4 or so entrees on each. For a week cruise, that’s 7 different menus and 28 or so entree selections. Plus the buffet and specialty dining options. I’ve gone to restaurants that have the same menu for months plus one or two specials that repeat usually weekly. And I have eaten the same entree within a week and somehow gagged it down.

As to entertainment I agree the main show I’d not go back to unless very special, but ‘similar’ type entertainment, comics and so on, happens every time you go to more than a few shows. How many similar plays do you go to put on by the local theater groups, or similar movies. And I’ve enjoyed listening to the same piece of music played or sung within a week. Heck, I have set music I love on my iPhone that I’ve listened to more than once in a day.

Thanks for the heads up on the trivia questions being repeated. I need every break to win that little bobble and look smug!

Looking forward to my B2B.

And I’m not saying anyone is wrong getting bored on a B2B, just a different view.

Den

My very subjective opinion is the Con of same menus, and same entertainment is a stretch.

The menus change each meal and have 4 or so entrees on each. For a week cruise, that’s 7 different menus and 28 or so entree selections. Plus the buffet and specialty dining options. I’ve gone to restaurants that have the same menu for months plus one or two specials that repeat usually weekly. And I have eaten the same entree within a week and somehow gagged it down.

As to entertainment I agree the main show I’d not go back to unless very special, but ‘similar’ type entertainment, comics and so on, happens every time you go to more than a few shows. How many similar plays do you go to put on by the local theater groups, or similar movies. And I’ve enjoyed listening to the same piece of music played or sung within a week. Heck, I have set music I love on my iPhone that I’ve listened to more than once in a day.

Thanks for the heads up on the trivia questions being repeated. I need every break to win that little bobble and look smug!

Looking forward to my B2B.

And I’m not saying anyone is wrong getting bored on a B2B, just a different view.

Den

Agree. Enjoy your B2B cruise. We do.:cool:

Could anyone tell me if lunch for B2B ers is in the Main Dining room( with the Concierge class cabins) Also, do you know when we can use the Fitness center on embarkation day Thanks

Yes, MDR for the lunch--same as Cclass (Luminae if in a suite). Fitness Center is available as soon as you come back on board ( if on a b2b that requires you to leave the ship).

Yes, MDR for the lunch--same as Cclass (Luminae if in a suite). Fitness Center is available as soon as you come back on board ( if on a b2b that requires you to leave the ship).

I am not sure I would want to use the fitness center while everyone is touring the facility the first day.