Cruise Critic Community
monakayk

Pub lunch ?

If it's like what we experienced recently, there are two different menus. The first one is a more traditional pub lunch (Ploughman's, fish & chips, bangers & mash, etc.) and the second one is more unique or gourmet-like (and to us, less appealing).

It's usually in the Wheelhouse Bar but can vary.

We are going 14 days 'Caribbean Circle '.

When we were on the Caribbean Princess doing the 14 day circle in January (2018), the Pub Lunch was offered twice -- both were in the Crown Grill on AtSea days ... but don't remember which AtSea days.

On CB (and the older Grand-class ships) it is in Crown Grill.

Most of the rest of the fleet (including the final version Grand-class: Crown, Emerald, Ruby) it is in Wheelhouse Bar.

When advised 'look in the Patter' you need to look hard. It may only be mentioned in the tiny print grid of dining times on the back page. Not necessarily in the running list of daily activities.

Is there an upcharge for the gourmet menu? If so , how much ?

Nope. If I recall correctly the alternate/second menu has Shrimp & Chips and Chicken Tikka Masala.

We had the British lunch on CB 2 weeks ago. We both had the fish and chips and thought it was pretty good. But we were surprised at how good we thought the dessert was. We both thought it was amazing. I don't remember the name but it was some sort of a bread pudding.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nope. If I recall correctly the alternate/second menu has Shrimp & Chips and Chicken Tikka Masala.

I was on the Caribbean Princess in January.

I ordered the Shrimp & Chips it was very good. There was no up charge.

Tony

If it's like what we experienced recently, there are two different menus. The first one is a more traditional pub lunch (Ploughman's, fish & chips, bangers & mash, etc.) and the second one is more unique or gourmet-like (and to us, less appealing).

It's usually in the Wheelhouse Bar but can vary.

Only the Crown, Emerald, and Ruby have the capability to serve the Pub Lunch in the Wheelhouse Bar. Other ships typically use the Crown Grill or the Bayou Cafe and Steakhouse.

We had the British lunch on CB 2 weeks ago. We both had the fish and chips and thought it was pretty good. But we were surprised at how good we thought the dessert was. We both thought it was amazing. I don't remember the name but it was some sort of a bread pudding.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bread and butter pudding I believe is the name

Bread and butter pudding I believe is the name

Yes, that is correct. The kids got their hot pudding fix :D. We had it in the Crown Grill on The Grand a couple of weeks ago.

the only day it was offered on our Regal cruise - 7 day in March - was the last sea day..the day before disembarking

place was packed with a waiting line shortly after we were seated

I had the shrimp, wife the fish and chips:cool:

It will be our first time on Royal Nov. 2019. Never have done the Pub Lunch on any of our cruises but I think we'll have to try it this next time if it's available.

Tai