Is My TA lazy or wrong?

April42749

I see nothing wrong with the tone of the OP. Just asking a question which is what these boards are intended for. I think it would be passive-aggressive if the OP addressed it with the TA in a "lazy or lie" manner.
I agree with you completely. I am so sick of people coming on cruise critic and asking simple questions only to get attacked. It's ridiculous honestly. That is what these boards are for. Who cares if it is for 12, 50 or 100 OBC. It was just a simple question. It is not going to stop so I don't even know why I bothered commenting. Now I will sit back and wait for my attacks to begin.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I generally book with a TA because either the cruise is a few dollars cheaper or we get some OBC. I'm not loyal to any particular TA or agency, just who gives me a better deal. And sometimes, because I often book close to the sail date, I book directly.

Anyway, from these boards I'm almost sure that I read (recently) that if the price goes down after final payment you can get a credit of 25% of the difference.

The price of my cruise went down by $50/pp...so I asked my TA if we are entitled to this as OBC from NCL. His response: "NCL no longer offers compensation for price changes after final payment"

So, wrong or lazy? This isn't something I'm going to "fight for"....but if he is misinformed or lazy I'll use a different TA in the future.

Your agent is pretty much correct. He would call and check for you but at best I think you might get a slight upgrade. The little bit of drop in price, to me, isn't worth even checking out. But everyone has his own ideas. I think it is perfectly ok for some to criticize the OP. Number 1: attitude plays a huge roll on how many respond to a question and who really cares about $12? I happen to think, it would be a waste of time for the agent. Yes, he is hired to do the best he can for his clients and many agents try their hardest to do this, but then there is the client that is asking for something that is really not worth the effort. BTW if it were a huge difference I would feel totally different. And I will ask, this is the reason I rarely bother to check prices after booking. I am happy or satisfied with what I agreed to pay and let it go at that. I know my agent will let me know if there is a huge change at anytime.

Edited by newmexicoNita

"Is my TA lazy or wrong" already starts the negativity, perhaps had it been phrased differently the comments would have been also.

Turns out it seems to be neither, but what the heck just another day on CC.

Turns out it was much ado about nothing.

Thank you to those who had informed opinions....and to Jamie...who found the threads which showed that this had been discussed recently (without that OP being flamed).

Being this is NCL and nothing is absolute...."bravo" to those you who knew this was an "interpretive question" and not multiple choice, where I would have had to add "the TA was right" and you'd have to pick one of the options.

To the rest of you.....Happy Sailing!

Thank you Jamie. I knew I heard it somewhere. From now on I'll probably use an NCL PCC. This agent or any other agent doesn't save me "big bucks" and I prefer to be in control of my booking.

It's amazing that I just ask a "policy question" and I get insulted and flamed. I never said I was upset or even cared about the credit per se. Sadly, the reading comprehension level of this forum is rather pathetic since so many entirely missed my point.

No, what you said was that because the TA wouldn't go to bat for you over $12.50 you were not going to use them again. That sounds like you really DID care about the credit.

So let's not now make believe this was some abstract 'policy' question.

One of the main reasons I book through the PCC is that she specifically told me the first time I booked through her (my second cruise) that if prices or perks change after I book, even after final payment, she might be able to help me out. Which she did with that OBC change. I don't know for sure if she gets me any better or worse deal up front with the initial booking than using a TA, but so far she's been pretty great to me... always returns my calls and emails and puts up with all my questions.

I think ymmv on adjustments. I also have a great pcc who’s been able to help me out in the past. Wasn’t so lucky with My recent booking. Booked the Bliss sail away rate Alaska. Mini suite gt. At a price I thought was reasonable about 60 days out $1399 pp. a few days later sail away price dropped to $1049 and $1249 for same category I was assigned with pick your perks. I asked if I could Just get the perks added to my booking. I was not able to because the new pricing on perk room was lower than what I had paid for same category sail away. Had it even been $1 more he’d have been able to switch me/get me perks. I even had him check with supervisor and it was a no. Not the end of the world. Room assigned in a good location and was a price i was comfortable with.

No, what you said was that because the TA wouldn't go to bat for you over $12.50 you were not going to use them again. That sounds like you really DID care about the credit.

So let's not now make believe this was some abstract 'policy' question.

No....what I said was that "if I were entitled to $12.50" and the TA was just too lazy to do the work....I wouldn't use that TA again....because "there are a lot of TAs in the sea".

I never said I wanted the TA "to go to bat for me". That implies making calls and asking for special requests. If he knows these requests are futile...why bother? However, if it's something everyone else gets...and knows about....then he should know about it and get it too.