Masdam Lanai Staterooms

mcrcruiser

Have the Lanai state rooms been updated during the dry dock ?

Are they worth the premium price over a ocean view ? What is your opinion

Which Lanai state rooms are the best ones ?

Thanks in advance for your help about these questions :)

I’ve loved the lanai rooms that I’ve had in both Veendam and Amsterdam. My next cruise is sold out in that category or I’d choose it again. I can’t say whether or not it’s worth it. What is the price difference?

Between a H outside category & the Lanai Category it is a $940 cabin cost difference on a 12 night cruise:)

Between a H outside category & the Lanai Category it is a $940 cabin cost difference on a 12 night cruise:)

I would do it if I could get one midship. Rooms 332 thru 361. The ones farther back may be under the noisy galley. I’ve stayed in 3361 on the Amsterdam just a few weeks back and thought the location was perfect.

We loved our lanai cabin, but I doubt if I'd pay that much more for one. Can you find one of the outsides that are near an exit to the aft deck? You could have the best of both worlds in that case, just steps away from the deck. In the early morning or evening, you may have this space all to yourself. Of course, you need to consider what's above or below your cabin.

We stayed in one cabin where the kitchen was above us, but we never heard a sound from the area. We booked that particular cabin over and over because it was huge, and we were never inconvenienced by any noise from upstairs.

We loved our lanai cabin, but I doubt if I'd pay that much more for one. Can you find one of the outsides that are near an exit to the aft deck? You could have the best of both worlds in that case, just steps away from the deck.

This is what we are doing for our next cruise. Lanai category is sold out currently but it looks like it was about $1,000 per person more than the ocean view. Not sure I could justify that price increase.

We did not like the lanai cabin we had at all. It was under a tender and when we had a tender port, the crew was outside of our cabin two hours before we arrived in port getting the boat ready. They were not quiet!

Also lost use of the chairs and deck outside of our cabin on tender days.

We could hear conversations of passengers walking by.

The door rattled when the wind came from a certain direction as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did not like the lanai cabin we had at all. It was under a tender and when we had a tender port, the crew was outside of our cabin two hours before we arrived in port getting the boat ready. They were not quiet!

What number cabin was this? Thanks

Those cabins are rather small

Maybe in comparison to a Neptune Suite. But they are the same size as insides and ocean view on the same deck. We thought they were perfect for our last sailing. We loved being right on the promenade, so much so we booked a Lanai again for our sailing on the Rotterdam this November.

What number cabin was this? Thanks

We were in 341. But really just look at the floor plan and avoid those cabins under tenders.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We loved our lanai cabin, but I doubt if I'd pay that much more for one. Can you find one of the outsides that are near an exit to the aft deck? You could have the best of both worlds in that case, just steps away from the deck. In the early morning or evening, you may have this space all to yourself. Of course, you need to consider what's above or below your cabin.

We stayed in one cabin where the kitchen was above us, but we never heard a sound from the area. We booked that particular cabin over and over because it was huge, and we were never inconvenienced by any noise from upstairs.

May I ask what the cabin number is? Thanks

That is a great idea thanks very much:) . I found some cabins that do just what you are saying :D

Oh wow. I booked 344 (Lanai) for a 15 day South Pacific cruise with 8 Tenderports just 3 days ago [emoji85] Our first Lanai ever and it looks like we took it for the wrong itenerary... I am sure I would have found this information here in another thread too. Your information depth here is amazing!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Forums