Cruise Critic Community
ARTURO25

Nieuw Statendam identical to Koningsdam?

We'll navigate on Nieuw Statendam begining december 30 and because it has not had its inaugural trip, so far I've researched all the information about the Koningsdam asuming it's identical to Nieuw Statendam.

Do you know if that's accurate? Are there in facts differences in the configuration of the ships, public spaces or cabins?

The ships are nearly identical. NS has a few more cabins. Some venue names have been rearranged. For instance the Queen's Lounge on KD is now Lincoln Center Stage.

The ships are nearly identical. NS has a few more cabins. Some venue names have been rearranged. For instance the Queen's Lounge on KD is now Lincoln Center Stage.

Thank you Hunky!

HAL is adding the "Rock Room" to the Nieuw Statendam - it is partnering with Rolling Stone Magazine to add classic rock to the music options ***** board. It looks like it might be in the area that Bill Board was in on the Koningsdam.

Identical except for a few more cabins, different (rearranged) music venues, al fresco dining in Tamarind, and cabin toilet positions.

I'll be sailing on NS in January. So if I read about Koningsdam that will give me info that would be helpful? Is that what you are saying?

Wasn't K'dam getting the Crow's Nest conversion during the upcoming dry dock? So, I would expect the N.S'dam to have that right out of the chute.

I'll be sailing on NS in January. So if I read about Koningsdam that will give me info that would be helpful? Is that what you are saying?

Yes, that is correct. The Nieuw Statendam is basically the same as Koningsdam and most of the differences will no longer be differences after Koningsdam's dry dock in December. (except for the angle of the stateroom toilet).