Did we get drunker than we had to?

Shellbelle28

Back in 2015 when they still made you sign the drink slips, we decided to keep them ALL even though we had the UBP. I wanted to see how much we would have spent and how many we had drank. Total tally for only 5 of the 7 days was $780. Half of those slips were for Mango Meltdowns and Miami Vices :)

We have done that on every cruise. Towards the end of the each day we would tally up how much we would have spent and if it is not what the package would have cost if we brought it we would get more drinks!!!

Our last cruise was in 2015 and we are going on the Escape in 12 days. They don’t make you sign drink slips anymore? How will I add drinks up and do a daily tally??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IF they are scanning your card, then the system should have your drinks consumption. Ask for a printout at guest services, although, you may not want to know how much you are really drinking!!!

We calculated ahead of time how many drinks per day we needed to not lose out on our package purchase (not on Norwegian), then planned how many drinks, where, what kind, etc (see Compulsive Cruise Prep thread for hints there).

Just adds to the fun!

IF they are scanning your card, then the system should have your drinks consumption. Ask for a printout at guest services, although, you may not want to know how much you are really drinking!!!

We calculated ahead of time how many drinks per day we needed to not lose out on our package purchase (not on Norwegian), then planned how many drinks, where, what kind, etc (see Compulsive Cruise Prep thread for hints there).

Just adds to the fun!

We asked if we could get a printout! The bartender said that the UBP transactions are purged daily.

Just adds to the fun!

Thank you! That is a good idea about planning ahead! I have gotten many ideas from that compulsive Cruz prep thread it is awesome!

On our last cruise I partied way to hard at the sail away party. I became super good friends with the bartender and he kept making me AMF’s. If you don’t know what those are, look it up because I probably shouldn’t spell it out on here. Anyways the next day was Great Stirrup Cay and we had a jet ski adventure booked. On those stupid tender boats someone kept cracking jokes about how green I looked and he kept saying the word “puke” 🤢Every time he said it my stomach would roll.

On the jet ski adventure we stopped so they could talk to us about island life and whatever. I asked if I could get off my jet ski because the motion was making me want to hurl. So I hung out with a guide in 5 feet of water and he kept diving and bringing things up to show me. Finally I told him that I couldn’t handle his super cheerful demeanor because I was so damn hungover and he just laughed and laughed. He told me the only cure was to drink a big shot of rum and eat. He thought he was hysterical. My DH loves to joke that I was trying to drown myself. I felt terrible but I made it through and partied all night. I just didn’t have another AMF the whole cruise and I may be a little queasy thinking about it now.

On our last cruise I partied way to hard at the sail away party. I became super good friends with the bartender and he kept making me AMF’s. If you don’t know what those are, look it up because I probably shouldn’t spell it out on here.

I googled it and it looks awesome. Going on my list to try! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2018 at 6:03 PM, need2cruisesoon said:

Last week we were on board the Pearl traveling with the "Ultimate Beverage Package." I was under the impression that sodas were NOT included in the package and that there would be a charge for them. So, we of course forced ourselves to live with the hardship and drank only alcoholic beverages.

The sugar in soda isn't good for you anyway so you were probably better off.

Diabetes or alcoholism, your choice.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:26 AM, Shellbelle28 said:

Just adds to the fun!

We asked if we could get a printout! The bartender said that the UBP transactions are purged daily.

Thank goodness for that last sentence.  

Also good to see this thread made it through the transition...it's my kind of people obviously.  

1 hour ago, Shellbelle28 said:

AmyJA, I have not heard a report on your UBP accomplishments! How was your cruise?

haha.....didn't know the boards were back up ShellBelle.

We did good. NOT as good as you husband.  haha

You must start your day with a Mimosa...minus the juice.

Have a lingering lunch with a couple glasses of wine. 

Then a mid-afternoon aperitif. Well we do eat early you know.

A before dinner cocktail.

A couple more glasses of wine with dinner.

A shot of something for dessert.

And a couple of cocktails in the evening. 

In other words...we got our moneys worth!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AmyJA said:

Oh...and I have to say that this was our best cruise to date.

Sometimes it's not where or the ship or entertainment.

It was the people.  Both staff and the passengers. 

I do feel as though the NCL shipboard staff have raised the bar on passenger interaction a lot in the last few years. It wasn't ever bad, but it feels as though everyone we encountered was so genuine and friendly and willing to help. And we met some great passengers on our last cruise too!

Edited by Shellbelle28

• 2 months later...
On 10/3/2018 at 12:24 PM, Sweetnspicy said:

On our last cruise I partied way to hard at the sail away party. I became super good friends with the bartender and he kept making me AMF’s. If you don’t know what those are, look it up because I probably shouldn’t spell it out on here. Anyways the next day was Great Stirrup Cay and we had a jet ski adventure booked. On those stupid tender boats someone kept cracking jokes about how green I looked and he kept saying the word “puke” 🤢Every time he said it my stomach would roll.

On the jet ski adventure we stopped so they could talk to us about island life and whatever. I asked if I could get off my jet ski because the motion was making me want to hurl. So I hung out with a guide in 5 feet of water and he kept diving and bringing things up to show me. Finally I told him that I couldn’t handle his super cheerful demeanor because I was so damn hungover and he just laughed and laughed. He told me the only cure was to drink a big shot of rum and eat. He thought he was hysterical. My DH loves to joke that I was trying to drown myself. I felt terrible but I made it through and partied all night. I just didn’t have another AMF the whole cruise and I may be a little queasy thinking about it now.

Ok, I looked up the recipe for AMF and just reading it made me want to hurl. LOL! NO IDEA how you could drink more than one. Probably an acquired taste 🙂

2 hours ago, NRWPA said:

Ok, I looked up the recipe for AMF and just reading it made me want to hurl. LOL! NO IDEA how you could drink more than one. Probably an acquired taste 🙂

Basically a Long Island Ice Tea, except it uses Blue Curaçao instead of cola/lemix.

Probably pretty tasty!!!