Swingers and Pineapple Door signs

AZDivers

In the suitcase for Saturday! You know me too well. 250+ Pinnacles onboard, so I had to break out the Pineapple suit!

We are all looking forward to seeing a picture of you in that suit next week! And would really love to see the expression on the “pinnacles” faces.

That was my thinking about this being a practical joke, but coincidentally this past cruise was the first time we brought another couple to our room. :halo: They were on a group scavenger hunt and needed something that had OHIO STATE on it. He overheard me mentioning being from Ohio and asked me. They came up, put the hat on his wife and took a picture. I sure hope we helped them win.

Imagine what would of happened if you had a pineapple on your door!

A few years back, our cruise was the week before a swingers cruise. Our stateroom attendant regaled us with the preparations that have to be made both during and after a "lifestyle" cruise. :eek: Let's just say I prefer to be onboard the week BEFORE. We had more laughs although I do feel sorry a bit for the crew. Many are very religious and sheltered and are very uncomfortable with this charter. Apparently they are given the choice to stay off that week but so many need the money.

One prep they do - they open all the balcony partitions. A few others I don't think I can even post here. :D

I won't be complaining if we have to board late on our upcoming cruise as we are on just AFTER one:eek:!! They can take all the time they need cleaning and disinfecting!

We cruised Brillance OTS a few years ago. We were a large group of guys, 24 of us if I remember correctly. Throughout the crews there were women and couples asking if we're doing B2B cruises. We couldn't figure out why they asked until I talked to our room attendant. She informed me the following cruise was a swingers cruise. The horrible things she described about those cruises....

On one of my recently booked cruises, I can't remember which one, in the F B group, someone posted a message about a swingers group meeting in Boleros. This was a regular cruise. Everyone thought it was a joke and the person got very upset, when people were telling him not to be posting things like that in the group. His comment was you would be surprised if you knew what went on during a cruise. Apparently there are groups that meet on all the cruises according to him. Someone that is apparently also going did mention the pineapples on the door.

Edit: It's the November 25, 2019 cruise on Anthem. If anyone wants to read the thread on F B.

Edited by gaylemh

On one of my recently booked cruises, I can't remember which one, in the F B group, someone posted a message about a swingers group meeting in Boleros. This was a regular cruise. Everyone thought it was a joke and the person got very upset, when people were telling him not to be posting things like that in the group. His comment was you would be surprised if you knew what went on during a cruise. Apparently there are groups that meet on all the cruises according to him.

I read that post too, Instead of the mardi gras beads that meet and mingle groups will wear when meeting at a bar, wasn't it a cherry in person's drink?

His comment was you would be surprised if you knew what went on during a cruise. Apparently there are groups that meet on all the cruises according to him.

I'm quite certain that it happens on every cruise, some of them just charter the whole boat, others just coordinate their small group. I'm also pretty sure that the pineapple myth is just put out by the swinger groups so they can watch all the paranoid vanilla folks freak out. just like the anklet myths, the toe ring myths, the black ring myth and any one of another hundred other things that people supposedly do to signal others about their secret society.

Ok, let's see what I can remember that is at least PG-13. The charters are only allowed to book couples, no singles allowed. Topless allowed everywhere except the MDR. Etiquette is to put a towel on your chair/stool/etc before sitting. The wildest I recall being told - and I was told this so this is totally 2nd hand and could be wrong. All the furniture is removed from the main show lounge and it's filled with mattresses. It's called the Playroom and you must be "invited" to participate on any given mattress. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm quite certain that it happens on every cruise, some of them just charter the whole boat, others just coordinate their small group. I'm also pretty sure that the pineapple myth is just put out by the swinger groups so they can watch all the paranoid vanilla folks freak out. just like the anklet myths, the toe ring myths, the black ring myth and any one of another hundred other things that people supposedly do to signal others about their secret society.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. I was considering buying a bunch of pinapple magnets and randomly putting them on people's cabin doors just for fun.

Ok, let's see what I can remember that is at least PG-13. The charters are only allowed to book couples, no singles allowed. Topless allowed everywhere except the MDR. Etiquette is to put a towel on your chair/stool/etc before sitting. The wildest I recall being told - and I was told this so this is totally 2nd hand and could be wrong. All the furniture is removed from the main show lounge and it's filled with mattresses. It's called the Playroom and you must be "invited" to participate on any given mattress. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just Google "swingers cruise".

It is not being allowed to only book couples, it is the choice of the people doing the charter. They want to keep the numbers somewhat even.

The towel on the chair is for the NUDIST cruises. Different bunch.

• Like 1

Just Google "swingers cruise".

It is not being allowed to only book couples, it is the choice of the people doing the charter. They want to keep the numbers somewhat even.

The towel on the chair is for the NUDIST cruises. Different bunch.

Googling it suggests that most lifestyle cruises covers swingers and nudists and there are definitely ‘playrooms’ created...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol I'm not paranoid vanilla at all....I just think it's rather disgusting that couples ...married or otherwise...swap spouses/partners and think that those who don't follow this lifestyle are the paranoid ones

Do they swing in private or is it group? Just wondering

Btw...yup I'm guessing it goes on all over the place....I live 30 minutes north of NYC and just heard of a little town a bit further north where it's a very common occurrence

No wonder the kids minds are all messed up...

Hey Colton...I hear your dad fooled around with my mother on Saturday night

Oh Tyler..was that your mom? I thought it was Mackenzies mom

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not myths - different parts of the country have different ways of signaling. Wife an I both have black rings, and we've met others by way of asking why they have a pineapple sticker/magnet/key chain. We do however, like watching vanilla folks freak out lol. :'):')

If only everyone knew what a "Unicorn" really was they wouldn't decorate their little ones in Unicorn apparel anymore ;p:eek:

• Like 3

Not myths - different parts of the country have different ways of signaling. Wife an I both have black rings, and we've met others by way of asking why they have a pineapple sticker/magnet/key chain. We do however, like watching vanilla folks freak out lol. :'):')

If only everyone knew what a "Unicorn" really was they wouldn't decorate their little ones in Unicorn apparel anymore ;p:eek:

If you only knew what the wreath on my front door meant

If you only knew why we have nurses clogs on our front porch

If you only knew why I park one car in my front driveway and one in my back driveway

If you only knew why I plant tulip bulbs every fall

If you only knew why I wear birkenstocks until November

Yup all signs of a wonderful home life....with 2...yes count them....2 very prominent wall decorations with pineapples on them...

Swingers...get over yourself..

Those posters who now swear they will throw out their pineapple decorations...really?

Googling it suggests that most lifestyle cruises covers swingers and nudists and there are definitely ‘playrooms’ created...

Nope, different groups of people.

Nudist cruises are about being nude. While other activities may occur, that is not the reason for the group. These are the ones that need to put towels down, as they do not wear anything.

As stated, swingers cruises do not allow nudity in public. Topless is OK. The reason is the other activities, either in the group playroom or individual cabins.

• Like 1

Lol, I’ve met a couple unicorns ;) but in this day and age, I suspect most lifestyle folks use the internet and smart phones.

• Like 1

lol I'm not paranoid vanilla at all....I just think it's rather disgusting that couples ...married or otherwise...swap spouses/partners and think that those who don't follow this lifestyle are the paranoid ones

Do they swing in private or is it group? Just wondering

Btw...yup I'm guessing it goes on all over the place....I live 30 minutes north of NYC and just heard of a little town a bit further north where it's a very common occurrence

No wonder the kids minds are all messed up...

Hey Colton...I hear your dad fooled around with my mother on Saturday night

Oh Tyler..was that your mom? I thought it was Mackenzies mom

Clearly you are paranoid. Why would you have any reason to think that if parents are swingers, that the kids know? Do vanilla parents tell their kids what they get up to in the bedroom? Why would you think it would be any different for any other parents? :confused:

• Like 2