Swingers and Pineapple Door signs

AZDivers

First I am hearing of the pineapple/swinger .

There actually are adult private full charter cruises where, according to this thread, pineapples must are plentiful.

I really want to know if the pineapple is a swingers symbol, but really don't want to have that Google search on my computer or phone! In the south, the Pineapple is a symbol of southern hospitality and is used often in decorating.

M

Use DuckDuckGo search engine. NO tracking of your searches. :)

First I am hearing of the pineapple/swinger .

There actually are adult private full charter cruises where, according to this thread, pineapples must are plentiful.

I really want to know if the pineapple is a swingers symbol, but really don't want to have that Google search on my computer or phone! In the south, the Pineapple is a symbol of southern hospitality and is used often in decorating.

M

I just looked on Google and there are about a dozen sites that cover the pineapple as being a symbol for swinging. (Not sure those last two words go together correctly!!!) My family has lived in the South since 1610 and believe that pineapple is a symbol of "hospitality". Today I just threw a beautiful Baldwin Brass pineapple trivet into the trash can.!!!! I will now have to do a DNA test! Haha

We see some of the Pinnacles wearing Pineapple Pins.......I have a few questions to ask them.;p

Edited by beachnative

This really is amusing. Yes, according to what I have read the pineapple is now used to indicate swingers but the greater majority you'll see on the ship are entirely something else.. When Royal Caribbean first created the Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor status some crew members were a bit confused and addressed PC members as pineapples. A few PC members, totally unaware of the swinger connotation, thought this was cute and begun wearing little pineapple pins and buying blouses, handbags, door signs and anything else with a pineapple on it.

Most are sure not anyone you'd want to swing with in fact you might get in trouble for elder abuse.

This really is amusing. Yes, according to what I have read the pineapple is now used to indicate swingers but the greater majority you'll see on the ship are entirely something else.. When Royal Caribbean first created the Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor status some crew members were a bit confused and addressed PC members as pineapples. A few PC members, totally unaware of the swinger connotation, thought this was cute and begun wearing little pineapple pins and buying blouses, handbags, door signs and anything else with a pineapple on it.

Most are sure not anyone you'd want to swing with in fact you might get in trouble for elder abuse.

Do you have your pineapple pin Pete?

Okay...now I’m laughing out loud....this thread is hilarious...but kind of creepy when you wonder what has gone on in my cabin before me.......ooooohhhh yuk!

Trust me I know the feeling all to well...I am cruising Indy Nov 17th and there is a swingers cruise just prior:eek:

I am southern born and bred and the Pineapple is the symbol of hospitality down here but it's also the symbol of swingers so I steer clear of pineapples as decor because I don't "swing" that way. Pun intended...

I am New England born and bred and the pineapple has been a symbol of hospitality here since colonial days. Many of the old houses built in the 18th century have pineapple door knockers and some of the the old taverns have the sign of the pineapple hanging outside. Actually, I think it is probably used now in many areas of the country. But I guess if you swing then you would have to be pretty hospitable, no ? :D;p LOL!

• Like 1

I don’t see how a pineapple on your door would be affective anyway.

Would swingers really actively walk down hallways looking for random strangers with pineapples [emoji531] on the door? Even if you were a swinger, isn’t it awfully creepy for you to just show up and knock on someone else’s door. I mean, how does that interview process go? [emoji23][emoji6][emoji13][emoji13]

I don’t want to falsely mentally accuse someone of being a swinger if they really aren’t and had no idea about the pineapple thing. [emoji1360]

Dan

• Haha 1

Wow, ok....this is news to me. I love pineapples in the home for the symbol of "hospitality" and as a daily reminder of my favorite islands, Hawaii! I have them tastefully placed throughout my home and I love them! This little tidbit of news certainly won't make me throw them in the trash an I'll continue to use them, but I think from now on if I see one on someone's cabin door I'm going to giggle and wonder what the heck is going on in there. ;p