• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

What is your favorite Princess food?

hawaiiansun

:D I agree with britsbest, Beef Wellington and love boat desert!

I"ve not tried this yet, but have heard the chocolate chip cookies are supposed to be terrific. Every post I've read about them says you should have them delivered to your room for a late night snack....definitely going to do that for our March cruise.

Last year on the Golden we happened upon this dessert at Horizon. Will copy part of last years review.

"DON"T miss Grandma Rose's cake in Horizon Buffet. We stumbled upon it on Saturday at lunch time. Almost a custard with rich chocolate sauce, found in warm buffet station not with other cake. We all agreed it should be available for dinner in DR. Our group voted it the "best new taste" of the cruise."

My favorite mealtime on Princess ships is Afternoon Tea. Delightful little finger sandwiches and dainty desserts are served in an elegant setting. Don't miss this mid-afternoon repast!

The Rack of Lamb is always superb, and I also like to create my own surf&turf when lobster and Beef Wellington are served on formal night (I remove the pastry wrapped around the meat). The duck appetizer is delicious, too.

Bon Appetit!

Chris

There is a lot of great food on Princess.

For lunch, the burgers from the grill are really good, on a nice bakery bun.

For dinner, I loved the lobster tails. In fact, I ordered a second entree of them they were so good!

And the chocolate souflee for dessert was wonderful!

:p I like their sabian (or however it is spelled?)! It is like eggnog! Also, at our recent Elite luncheon - reception we were served a dessert that was like little golf balls of ice cream that were coated with chocolate, etc. (Hido di Rondine on a sugar net?). Our serverhost in Grand's DaVinci had served us a special dessert that was only one large fist sized ball of ice cream coated in somekind of mixture of cocoa (did not understand the name?)! (We had requested their blueberry cold soup but it did not seem to be available?) Most of the cold soups are wonderful!

Love their escargot & raspberry creme broulee.

Hope these are two different items!!!!

Another thumbs down here for the Beef Wellington.

All the souffles are excellent. I love the pastas. The cold fruit soups are very good also.

Archived