Regal Princess diversion

nini

We are currently on the Regal and our next port was to be St. John. The Captain had a tough decision and we will be diverted to avoid a very bad storm and avoid St. John and have in the Atlantic an have an extra sea day. Hopefully, we will still be able to dock in Halifax in two days.

We respect his expertise and keeping us all safe.

Wow. this is the first time i heard of a ship missing this port. I am surprised they can not dock early in Halifax and have an overnight stay instead

That is what I thought too. By the looks of our course, that seems like it would have worked.

There may have been issues docking early if there were other ships already scheduled for that time at Halifax. Fees might be significantly higher for an overnight docking vs. staying out at sea.

Wow. this is the first time i heard of a ship missing this port. I am surprised they can not dock early in Halifax and have an overnight stay instead

Ships skip ports due to weather, medical evacuations, mechanical issues etc.... not "all the time" but also not a rare occurrence. Safety is always first consideration. They may change an entire itinerary especially during hurricane season. There are two weather systems up that way that would not be great to sail into. Halifax is very protected harbor so hopefully you will have a wonderful day in that lovely city!

I am also on this cruise. Yes, we changed the clocks 1 hour ahead last night. It has been rainy, windy and miserable since we left Bar Harbor yesterday, but little movement of the ship. Ironically, the sun came out a short time ago, the skies are blue and the ship is rocking away, much more than previously.