Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ukmdav1

Southampton ships day visit

Recommended Posts

does anyone know if you can still pay for day visits when the ships are in Southampton?

Am in Southampton for the weekend and would love to take my friend who has never cruised on Indy or explorer next year when they are in port at the same time.

Hunted on here and web and can’t find anything, hoping they still do this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
does anyone know if you can still pay for day visits when the ships are in Southampton?

Am in Southampton for the weekend and would love to take my friend who has never cruised on Indy or explorer next year when they are in port at the same time.

Hunted on here and web and can’t find anything, hoping they still do this!

 

Royal don't do ships visits at Southampton.

 

MSC, P&O and Cunard. The MSC have all sold out for this year. P&O no longer which ships are available to visit, you have to contact them and tell which ship you are interested in. Haven't seen much on their web site.

However try this site https://www.completecruisesolution.com/email_bulletins/Ship_visits_landing.html

 

This one for T/As https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/goToUrl.do?srcURL=po/marketing/po/tools/ship_visit/index.jsp&company=PO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, little britain said:

 

Me again

 

has anyone got an email address re this. It says only UK. Just wondering if any flexibility for friends on holiday from NZ. We are all thinking of travelling with them next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2019 at 6:43 PM, Nextholiday? said:

 

Me again

 

has anyone got an email address re this. It says only UK. Just wondering if any flexibility for friends on holiday from NZ. We are all thinking of travelling with them next year. 

There are only 2 dates for this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 9:16 PM, little britain said:

 

Hello 👋 

You were so helpful re celebrity. Just wondering if you know if there is one website that shows which ships provide this and the dates. Thank you 😊 again for your help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nextholiday? said:

 

Hi

managed to get a celebrity one 

now looking as per other thread see if any for RC or princess on same weekend. Thanks again 

Great to hear ! Enjoy your visit.  Glad I could help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, little britain said:

Great to hear ! Enjoy your visit.  Glad I could help. 

 

Me again 😆 

 

do you know if you can book a cruise on that day? Or if you can buy a future certificate? Just curious. Thanks again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nextholiday? said:

 

Me again 😆 

 

do you know if you can book a cruise on that day? Or if you can buy a future certificate? Just curious. Thanks again 

On Rci it used to be that you pay 💰 for the ship visit and if you booked  on board you got that money back. Not sure how it works now 

 

On X the Visit is free...you can take advantage of the regular book on board benefits..free transfer..up to $500 obc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P&O  is now £30 per person for a visit. MSC was £20.  Cunard is £50. All include lunch.

 

P&O offer the money back if you book a cruise.

 This year there were 20 dates for Cunard ships. Between 30th June to 8th December.

Princess visits are generally for Agents not public.

 

Most visits are for 40 odd guests.

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Edited by Redrobo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, little britain said:

On Rci it used to be that you pay 💰 for the ship visit and if you booked  on board you got that money back. Not sure how it works now 

 

On X the Visit is free...you can take advantage of the regular book on board benefits..free transfer..up to $500 obc

 

Hi 

so even though it would be my first celebrity cruise I would be booking it might be worth waiting the few weeks to book as get more benefits? (I know prices can change)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Redrobo said:

P&O  is now £30 per person for a visit. MSC was £20.  Cunard is £50. All include lunch.

 

P&O offer the money back if you book a cruise.

 This year there were 20 dates for Cunard ships. Between 30th June to 8th December.

Princess visits are generally for Agents not public.

 

Most visits are for 40 odd guests.

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Hi 

it’s a shame you can not go into one “event” website where you can see all cruise line dates in one go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nextholiday? said:

Hi 

it’s a shame you can not go into one “event” website where you can see all cruise line dates in one go. 

 

What date are you looking for I can get a link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Redrobo said:

 

What date are you looking for I can get a link

 

Hi 

just wondering if any on 10th August 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nextholiday? said:

 

Hi 

just wondering if any on 10th August 🙂 

For Cunard on 23rd Queen Victoria and 25th Queen Mary 2  only dates in August

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...