Getting visa on your own?

sr5242

Visas issued by US carriers/cruise lines for travel to Cuba are supposed to be "pink". I suspect yours is green.

That said, suppliers of visas are supposed to ensure you are eligible for the type of visa you have purchased. If there is going to be a problem, it might be more of an issue when boarding your cruise rather than at Cuban immigration.

I have in the past emailed Aduana and got helpful replies, so if you are still concerned, maybe that's a good next step.

I am Canadian and when I contacted the Cuban embassy in Ottawa they said I had to purchase the Visa (travel card) from the ship. (If I could have obtained it in Ottawa it cost half the price but they said I was not able to use that one). U.S. based ships are making the extra money they told me.

I went through a verified travel site and bought my own Cuban visa for less than the ship cost

Now I’m worried. Do I have to get my visa through the ship or can I use the one I bought?

You also have to purchase Cuban health insurance which is usually done by the cruiseline. The cost of it is bundled into the $75 fee along with the visa.

You also have to purchase Cuban health insurance which is usually done by the cruiseline. The cost of it is bundled into the $75 fee along with the visa.

I have never heard of that arrangement being the case for visas, but I know of several cruise lines which bundle medical insurance into the ticket price (NCL for examples provides great advice). My suspicion is that all do, but I have not checked every cruise line's details.