Cruise Critic Community
bcalay

Independence of the Seas #1102

Hi All-

I was a GTY Junior Suite on the Independence of Seas and today was assigned #1102. I believe this is a new room, so I haven't found much information on it. Has anyone had any insight or stayed in the new section of Deck 11?

Hi All-

I was a GTY Junior Suite on the Independence of Seas and today was assigned #1102. I believe this is a new room, so I haven't found much information on it. Has anyone had any insight or stayed in the new section of Deck 11?

This very excellent review has some photos of a similar stateroom on Adventure:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2608479

On 9/27/2018 at 2:36 PM, bcalay said:

Hi All-

Hello, i was also looking for any reviews for #1102 on the Independance. If anyone has stayed in this suite, would greatly appreciate any feedback your may have. 

Thank you in advance 🙂 

Veronica 

Hi All-

I was happy with the room. The balcony was very large compared to other Junior Suites. I like that it is tucked away from the other rooms and very close to activities and the pool.

Seen few pictures posted on a Travel site, can't remember site though. Nice open Balcony, mostly uncovered. Will see if can find it later for you

Thank you all so much for the quick responses. So you would recommend this suite? We are booked for this room and was hesitant Bc there’s only 4 rooms in that area, plus the lack of reviews I wasn’t sure about. Really appreciate the feedback. 😊

On 2/20/2019 at 3:55 PM, bcalay said:

Photo of the balcony

20190103_152230.jpg

20190103_152029.jpg

my question about this...it looks very enclosed.  did you have TOTALLY privacy.  I mean I know that is hard to come by on a ship.

Hi All-

I stayed in 1101 on Adventure of the Seas in April. It is, of course, an inside stateroom. My response is addressing this new section of Deck 11. My opinion is that it’s super convenient. Basically right there at the Solarium. Same deck as The Windjammer. Great on At Sea Days. Also right at the stairway & elevator bank. Great place in my opinion. 

On 2/21/2019 at 8:23 AM, Veraj21 said:

That’s the 1102 private balcony?! Wow!

IT was very private. Only issue I had was a slight echo on the balcony since it was part of the solarium.